Stolzdorf. My buildings/battlefield/gadgets.

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Stolzdorf. My buildings/battlefield/gadgets.

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Hi guys. I finished my tank army but I felt I had to start building some buildings to spice the things a bit.

First if all I must confess I copied Marco Peter´s job in a 90% I hope he feels honored and sees it like a tribute, lol.

Everything is on early stages of developing, but I have many ideas for it.

The tower is expected to have a fully working spotlight with pan and tilt, with obvious working light. It will have a MG 42, which may have sound, lights, and IR combat functions. Also Im planning to add a small stove in the tower, and of course I have to paint it too.

About the machine gun nest, Im planning to add the MG08 that midlife showed us some time ago.

Hope you enjoy it, and I will be glad to have feedback from you.
IMG-20180315-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20180315-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20180315-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20180315-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20180315-WA0003.jpg
Last edited by Rad_Schuhart on Tue May 12, 2020 1:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Rad_Schuhart

Re: My buildings/battlefield.

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Hi Mick, it is 1:16 scale, lol. I think it is about 45cms long and exactly 10cms wide but I will measure it when I arrive home. Anyway nowadays there is such a small RC equipment that I think I could do it in a 1:35 scale too. :D
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

That tower looks fantastic Rad :clap: it will look great as part of your battlefield :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Marco Peter
Sergeant

Post by Marco Peter »

Really cool! You corrected some of my errors haha, so I saved YOUR photo for future builds! :-P
1:16 was my scale. Until 'Konan' came into my life... an Armortek 1:6 Tiger 1!
... Now followed by a Panther G, 'Gunther'!

I'm a happy man. 8)
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Marco Peter wrote:Really cool! You corrected some of my errors haha, so I saved YOUR photo for future builds! :-P
Yes, Rad has definite perfectionist tendencies.. :shh: My eyes were drawn to the nicely appointed Kubelwagon (Tamiya static version, upgraded to RC? )..
Our British members ought to be good at building guard towers like that nifty one ( :thumbup: , by the way, Rad), as it was the British who invented the Concentration camp in the first instance (for use in against the Boers in South Africa) 8O .
Not a proud addition to the massive list of great British inventions.. :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

43rdRecceReg wrote:
Marco Peter wrote:Really cool! You corrected some of my errors haha, so I saved YOUR photo for future builds! :-P
Yes, Rad has definite perfectionist tendencies.. :shh: My eyes were drawn to the nicely appointed Kubelwagon (Tamiya static version, upgraded to RC? )..
Our British members ought to be good at building guard towers like that nifty one ( :thumbup: , by the way, Rad), as it was the British who invented the Concentration camp in the first instance (for use in against the Boers in South Africa) 8O .
Not a proud addition to the massive list of great British inventions.. :D
That’s a rare admission mate, I have lots of South African friends from that area that to this day are resentful of that part of their ansestral history.
But hey, I imagine Gaul should still be hacked off with Rome !!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Well, this weekend I did a couple of things more. The barrier (that can be moved) is a chopstick, lol.
IMG_20180318_194333.jpg
IMG_20180318_194301.jpg
The machine gun nest has now the same bank as Marco Peter. Due to I cannot bury it anywhere, Im going to build a small mountain for it. No idea of how, but we willsee...
IMG_20180317_215038.jpg
And the tower now has more detail and I began with the ladders. So this weekend Ill probarbly paint everything.

I will use this, Jump to minute 1:18:
phpBB [video]
Last edited by Rad_Schuhart on Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rad_Schuhart

Re: My buildings/battlefield items.

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

After googling and youtubing for a while, now I know how to do the small mountain for my machine gun nest, and looks like a good way for doing a bunker too:

No need to watch the entire video, lol, you can jump.
phpBB [video]

Looks like I am going to be busy this weekend...
tiger tiger
Sergeant

Post by tiger tiger »

Great looking stuff\builds there , very good, yes on you tube you will find many tutorials on there that help ideas and give inspiration, one contributor is called i think , The terrain tutor.
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

I added this. I had no idea about what to write, so if somebody has a better idea, I am all eyes.
act.jpg

This is some roof detail. The roof slides so I can access to the inside much better for adding details, figures and so on.
roof.jpg
roof.jpg (74.42 KiB) Viewed 8778 times
A working hatch, that has small brass hinges.
hatch.jpg
And this small cap will be the working RC searchlight some day.
search.jpg

Return to “Show Off”