Snow UK

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Snow UK

Post by Max-U52 »

Okay, Roy, here's your trivia fact for the day. I believe you meant to say stalactites. Stalactites hang down from above and stalagmites Grow Up From Below. I have a stupid little trick to remember that, I always tell myself tights from the top.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Max-U52 wrote:Okay, Roy, here's your trivia fact for the day. I believe you meant to say stalactites. Stalactites hang down from above and stalagmites Grow Up From Below. I have a stupid little trick to remember that, I always tell myself tights from the top.
You're absolutely correct, Gary, and I thought I had written '..ac." and not "..ag..". Like you, I've known the difference since my school days: "C for Ceiling, 'G for ground: the golden rule." I can only think the predictive text thingy played one of its usual annoying tricks.. as earlier when it tried to convert "Haya' to 'Haha'. See it did it again, and I had to correct it. Changing 'Jarndice' to 'Jaundice' nearly got me into hot water once :haha: ..
and worse :shifty:
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:We believe you Mr 43rd, especially as I've done jaundice and midwife instead of midlife lol.
I'm pretty sure that Rad didn't intend to write "Thrust me.." (for 'trust me') the other day, but he did. ;) It happens all too, often where what leaves your head and finger tips as a meaningful sentence, can sometimes be reduced to risible gobbledegook by spell checkers and predictive text features. I suppose it's worth scanning posts before adding them, but even then, rogue words seem to appear between the review and the click... :lolno:

Although it's not a paper I subscribe to, after googling 'autocorrect mistakes", this Daily Mail article comes up with a few choice examples: :haha:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... g-web.html......
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Well I woke up at 6:30am, looked out of the window and....oooohhh dear!

It's still throwing it down.

Comments about snow tyres and 4x4's are quite correct, I used to have this little beastie years ago, and well remember taking over 4 hours to get the 6 miles home from work as everyone left work early and completely clogged the roads...which were free of snow!! I ended up having to drive out of the city and take a circular route back in to where I lived on the other side. The Surf was a lovely truck, I bought it online from Japan and had it shipped to the UK, owned by Komatsu it had been kitted out with every conceivable extra, uprated suspension electrically adjusted, raised suspension, torsion bars, turbo timer and programmer, boost gauge, remote controlled spotlights, uprated intercooler, ski rack, rear roof steps, side steps, it even had curtains, lol.
Attachments
Surf4.jpg
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “Off topic”