Behind the scenes

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Behind the scenes

Post by c.rainford73 »

Thanks guys Yes it's the Profiline kit from Mr Tom with the hang long Panzer IV chassis. It's going to be a fun one this panzer III
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

I actually had some time today to work on my tanks Image

Just cleaning up the lower hull connections and yes the fit the tracks and running gear.

Mounted early Tiger I metal headlights to give it a unique look, like it was cobbled together somehow. The fellow who built and designed this Steel hull had the measurements absolutely spot on. The Panzer III plastic upper hull will have magnets for easy access

I've fitted Heng Long metal tracks. The plan for the turret base for the mighty 88 is my next project.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

A very nice weekend off and I've had time with family and of course my tanks. I have continued to work on the panzer III lower hull for the massive 88mm gun.

I installed the magnetic latch setup with a front latch for easy access to the electronics.

I mounted the tk60 from Maxmekker and his custom made speaker enclosure. I'm using the 8 channel setup with the i6 radio.

The board had some very nice panther sounds on it so it sounds quite impressive IMHO. I painted it a late war tri color camoflouge pattern with just a brown filter added for now. The front sprockets and return rollers are red oxide paint to give it a late war look.

I've ordered the panzer III lower turret base that I will modify to mount Alwyn's gun. Still need some photo etch bits and engine grills but it's getting there....

Thanks so much for lookingImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Looking very smart. Love the camo.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

That will be a nasty hitter 8|
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Thank you very muchImageI do like how the colors have come out on this one. With such a small canvas I didn't want to do too heavy with the green and brown. Adam, Soeren thank you :wave:
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Love the Waffentraeger, great idea there! :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Thank you Mr Wibbly :thumbup: I'm glad you like the concept.... My plan is to paint the gun in a completely different camoflouge pattern to make it look more like a What if last ditch effort to bring the big gun to the battle, even if the panzer III lower is stressed beyond its limits...
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

:thumbup: Great idea.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

It's not as crazy as you might think, I built two of these over the years, they were made out of damaged PIII's in the desert using a SIG 33 artillery gun. They became so good that the Stug was designed around the idea.
Attachments
15cm-sIG33 1.jpg
15cm-sIG33 1.jpg (64.41 KiB) Viewed 1998 times
15cm-sIG33.jpg
15cm-sIG33.jpg (77.76 KiB) Viewed 1998 times
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “Other Builds”