From China-Vandra Ram II Canadian Sherman conversion - Build

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Private

Re: From China-Vandra Ram II Canadian Sherman conversion - B

Post by 2013801 »

Raminator wrote:Impressive work fixing the damage to the hull, I'm glad you managed to save it. It looks like reassembling a broken egg. You've come up with a brilliant engineering solution for the machinegun turret too, the linkage reminds me of the inside of a car's windscreen wipers!

Louis recently also built this kit, you can see how he tackled this kit here. It might give you some ideas or help you solve some problems.
Thank you for your approval. The linkages of the gun turret are really like wipers. It is very interesting to design the mechanical linkage structure.

Louis's RAM II renovation was great and complicated. His height is beyond my reach. I made the kit interesting in other ways. I will continue to complete this transformation project.
Private

Post by 2013801 »

Soeren wrote:Great job on the repairs. If the joints aren't strong enough, you could easily reinforce with mesh and epoxy from the inside and being a tank the outside fix with mr surfacer is always a nice option.
The mg turret rotation mechanism looks like Jules Verne.
Your suggestion inspired me a lot. I can use dental stainless steel wire for internal fixation. I'm glad you like my machine gun turret original.
Private

Post by 2013801 »

jarndice wrote:A very warm Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap: :clap:
Please don't apologise for your English, I would suggest that most of us would be pushed very hard to say more than a few words of Chinese.

You are a BUILDER and I know of no higher praise :thumbup:
A brilliant repair that many when first seeing the damage would have placed in the bin,

I also try to make all the hatches of a build working,
I discovered some years ago that for detailed work I needed fine tools and by accident I discovered a Dental tool supplier on the Web.
I don't need to tell you how useful dental tools are because your detailed work shows that good tools and Skillful use of them can work magic.
If you have any questions please ask and if you have helpful modelling information we would love to read it.
Once again welcome.
Shaun.
I'm glad I came to a big family. It looks good here. There are many masters here.Their transformation gave me great inspiration. Thank you all.
Private

Post by 2013801 »

MichaelC wrote:Great step by step build. Always interesting to see that. Love the mechanical arm for the MG turret !
I'm glad you like my machine gun tower link. I got inspiration from my son's toy. The design of mechanical linkage is very interesting.
Private

Post by 2013801 »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good morning and Welcome to the Forum!
You have done a great and solid job repairing a kit which some folks would have trashed. Being in China and being a tank modeler, you have a leg up on most of us. ( Sort of like fancying Doughnuts and your father owns a Bakery ;o) Very interesting work adapting the mechanics to work the MG turret. Following along!
regards,
Painless
I am very happy to come to this big family. There are many masters here. Salute them. Pay tribute to all.
Private

Post by 2013801 »

c.rainford73 wrote:Brilliant work highly engineered model. I applaud your work and your English is very goodImage
I'm glad that my English can make you understand. I will complete this model step by step. It's going to be an interesting process.
Private

Post by 2013801 »

midlife306 wrote:Welcome along, nice workImage
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for your approval. I'll keep trying.
Cheers
The dentist built the tank.
Private

Post by 2013801 »

I used the computer to draw pictures of the turret box.Use 3D printing to print them out.

Private

Post by 2013801 »

I used the computer to draw pictures of the turret box.Use 3D printing to print them out.

Private

Post by 2013801 »

Add the Numbers on the turret. Add Chinese blessing to engine hatch cover.

Return to “Other Builds”