No way to treat a Tortoise...

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
c.rainford73
Major

Re: No way to treat a Tortoise...

Post by c.rainford73 »

One cannot forget this special lady....Image
Tanks alot.... :wave:
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

Not to be out done, the Americans developed their own entry into the Turtle Arms race.
Turtle-Tank--18478.jpg

Bill
"Yeah, but it's a dry heat!"
Private Hudson (Bill Paxton) ALIENS
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

A cruel winter and my tortoise looks almost as bad! Luckily woz has her for some.parts fitting so she should be happier!ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Tom that is just an awesome piece of armour
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:O :O ...
Is that real rust there Tom? It looks as if the sole 1/16 A39 in the World has been languishing all winter in your garden, never mind Kirkcudbright, or Salisbury Plain.. You should be reported to the RSPC-T for this cruel neglect..or was this one concealed from Wifey? :shh: :lolno:
I wouldn't be surprised if something was living inside it.. 8O :shifty:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

And to think all this time I've been using paint and chemicals to simulate rust! Tom, do you think leaving it outside all summer would work as well?

It really looks great. What's the green material on it?

Bill
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Yes it appears to be naturally weathered algea covered and rusted as if it was hidden in your yard and just dug up and located.... :shifty:

Tom you have been reported to the proper authoritiesImage
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

capt midnight wrote:And to think all this time I've been using paint and chemicals to simulate rust! Tom, do you think leaving it outside all summer would work as well?

Bill
It looks like astroturf camouflage; the sort they have on all weather golf-links :D .... Ah, eureka! Tom disguised the Tortoise as one of those (often indoor) Putt return machines... ;) No wonder the trouble and strife never noticed it.,,when it was gobbling golf balls :lolno:
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

43rdRecceReg wrote:
capt midnight wrote:And to think all this time I've been using paint and chemicals to simulate rust! Tom, do you think leaving it outside all summer would work as well?

Bill
It looks like astroturf camouflage; the sort they have on all weather golf-links :D .... Ah, eureka! Tom disguised the Tortoise as one of those (often indoor) Putt return machines... ;) No wonder the trouble and strife never noticed it.,,when it was gobbling gold balls :lolno:

ROFL! That really made me chuckle. The tortoise is situated in shelf segment closest to.the door and lowest to the floor. Everything else on my selves is dry and fine for.some.reason this one went rusty. The green stuff represents cast texture but it'll be toned down in the final finishing.
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

[quote="tomhugill"ROFL! That really made me chuckle. The tortoise is situated in shelf segment closest to.the door and lowest to the floor. Everything else on my selves is dry and fine for.some.reason this one went rusty. The green stuff represents cast texture but it'll be toned down in the final finishing.[/quote]

So, It's something like Squadron green putty? Can't wait to see this one finished up!

Bill

Return to “General Discussion”