Snow UK

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Snow UK

Post by Estnische »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Where I live, not saying it's that rough an area, but the snow is quite vicious. . . .

Those look a little like Russian Eye-dler wheels...
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Classic! I reposted it on my Facebook page.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Got in my car to go home today

Dashboard temp read 47 C

Cooled to 35 by the time I got home to the AC
Reflected heat topped 54 C off normal surfaces and it was the first day of Autumn

You guys got global snowing
We got global warming!!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I had an appointment tomorrow for a blood test. The surgery just called to ask if I could come in today instead due to the snow.
...I live a quarter of a mile down the road, and the 'snow' is barely covering the chippings in my back garden!!
Attachments
snow.jpg
snow.jpg (36.13 KiB) Viewed 2651 times
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
Estnische wrote:Those look a little like Russian Eye-dler wheels...
Sorry, couldn't tell you, not my picture.

I had a close shave on the road this evening. . . . .

In Detroit we would say that looks like perfect shaggin' weather, but that doesn't mean the same thing that it does in the UK. Over here, shaggin' is when you put on a pair of shoes with slick soles and then run up behind a car on a snow-covered Road and grab his bumper and ski along behind the car. They say it's dangerous, but I always thought it was great fun. @)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Gary The English version of Shagging at least in my experience is far more dangerous,
Some months after indulging Children arrive ,very cuddly, very loving and very Expensive,
I am not sure that the American version is anywhere near as dangerous,
If nothing else it is at least cheaper. :thumbup:
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Well it's official, we are now cut off from civilization as all roads in the area are now closed, even the A6. No access to Buxton at all. My son-in-law works at the Health and Safety HQ in Buxton and they closed the site and brought him home in one of these. They are located at one of the highest points in Buxton and it was impassable even with 4 wheel drive. They keep the snowcat for exactly these kind of conditions.
and it's still snowing.... :crazy: 8O

ps there are also now no buses or trains running in the entire area, even into and out of Manchester....

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
Last edited by AlwynTurner on Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

In the interests of international co-operation, perhaps there will be an adventurous couple who would care to combine both activities into one, thus avoiding all future confusion. I do not of course condone such activities, nor do I take responsibility for any extended confinement as a guest of either the local constabulary, or the accident & emergency department of the local hospital.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

This isn't snow ,62-63 we had a bit of snow , I was at school then , they never closed a single school ,we had no heating in the school so we sat in class with our coats on one lad said he was cold answer was go and run round the playground till you warm up it was over four feet deep in snow in the playground .No one ever said they were cold again. When the coal wagon turned up the nearest he could get to the school was over a 100 yrds away ,so the headmaster got all the boys in the school to unload it 1st and 2nd year boys had a bag of coal between four of us 3rd year boys had a bag between two and the forth year boys had to carry a bag each these bags were 112 lbs each . Can you imagine what would be said now if this happened health and safety would have gone mad.
We had snow every day from December 21 till early march the temperature was down to -20C (plus wind chill) the sea at dover was frozen over as was the sea off the coast of France a total of four miles. The local pub the customers had to dig there way in to the pub as the snow was way over the door, see photos now and then .

regards pete

ps what ever happened to global warming
Attachments
35146.jpg
35146.jpg (18.76 KiB) Viewed 2622 times
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Apparently, this cold snap is a consequence of global warming. The weather in Greenland is exceptionally warm for the time of yaer, and this warm air has disrupted the various airflows. What we have is weather - global warming is climate, a very different beast
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D

Return to “Off topic”