Snow UK

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
wibblywobbly
Major

Snow UK

Post by wibblywobbly »

I don't know about the rest of the UK, but down here in Bristol, despite the reports of chaos elsewhere, it never snows at all!! Something to do with the Gulf Stream coming up the Bristol Channel that keeps us warm enough to escape all of it, or so I was once told.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Snow UK

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Yes..there's no business like snow business! Much of Northern Britain is on the same latitude as parts of Alaska and Siberia, and were it not for the benefits of Gulf Stream drifting in from the South West, the Husky would probably be the most popular dog in Britain, and we'd probably have a chain of stores named 'Sledges 'r' Us'.. :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
JohnWhyte
Corporal

Post by JohnWhyte »

Well near me we hardly get snow unless it comes from the east due the the peak district
T-34
2 Pz.4
Korean Pershing
2 M50
2 M51
M1
2 King Tiger
2 Jagdpanzer E75
Alligator
E25 Ausf D
E75
E50
T32
Radar Panther
rochesb
Lance Corporal

Post by rochesb »

Here in the North East we laugh at the mayhem the odd snowflake causes the South East........trains & planes cancelled, workers sent home early in case it snows 1-2cm ....... as for the Beast from the East.... bring it on, my 5 year old granddaughter loves being 'towed' to school on her sledge .
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

I dont mind snow, but this year we had probably close to 2m all in all

after this video we had 3 heavy snow falls

phpBB [video]

march is coming fast but with -15 and shitloads of snow I'm guessing spring is still a tad away

phpBB [video]
Drammen Rock City
rochesb
Lance Corporal

Post by rochesb »

We have had a couple of trips on the Hurtigruten, once in February and once in April, with lots of snow both times. We also used the ferry from Newcastle to Bergen too until it was cancelled.
We love Norway, you get 'proper' snow in Norway & everyone seems to cope admirably unlike in the UK where for example London comes to a complete halt with 2cm of snow.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I got a package through the post this morning from --- http://www.hagen-miniatures.de -- containing lots of PZ4 Detail parts in a hard plastic case, included was a big snap bag which I had not ordered as a thank you for the order, It was full of Tank tools amongst them was something that every Tank had but I had never seen before as a detail part "A Bass Broom",
As this was used by the crews to apply paint and winter whitewash it would have been a common sight on any Tank, Top quality products and a reasonably affordable cost, "RECOMMENDED".
Living in Gods Country (Hertfordshire) we are surrounded throughout the year by wall to wall sunshine and temperatures of 21c/70f,
A bit Boring but I think that has to be why the local authority never sends out Gritter's or snowploughs :lolno:
I am so looking forward to going to Hospital on Wednesday coz that's when the weather is supposed to drop the lot on our little acre.
I fully expect a dog team hauling a sled coming up the lane instead of the community mini bus to pick me up :haha:
Anyway friends keep warm this could just be for once a bit of a bu*ger.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Zapper
Private

Post by Zapper »

Don't judge too soon Son of a gunner its just dropped about 2 inches in less than 2 hours here in Kent.
JohnWhyte
Corporal

Post by JohnWhyte »

Are you sure that you're not mixing inches for centimetre
T-34
2 Pz.4
Korean Pershing
2 M50
2 M51
M1
2 King Tiger
2 Jagdpanzer E75
Alligator
E25 Ausf D
E75
E50
T32
Radar Panther
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

Zapper wrote:Don't judge too soon Son of a gunner its just dropped about 2 inches in less than 2 hours here in Kent.
Aaarrrghh, get the army out! :haha: We've had naff all in Sheffield, not even sure it'll stop a BMW......

Return to “Off topic”