new tanker

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: new tanker

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome to the Forum. Your Mancave betrays all the classical signs of modelling mania, and the battered and bruised T34 just confirms it. :D We will look forward to the T34s progress in pics, as well as the fleet of additions that will almost certainly follow on from it. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Off to a great start, you've done a fantastic job with the battle damage and streaking/weathering.

The Heng Long T-34's a pretty damn good runner straight out of the box, and it looks the part too. The only problem it has is that the road wheels sit too low; ideally, the tops of the idler, road wheels and sprockets should be in a more or less straight line.
You just need some small spacers to sit at the bottom of the suspension arm slots to limit their travel by a few millimetres or so. Herman used brass tube in his (you can see it here), but anything will do. It's an easy fix and really emphasises the T-34 that low, mean silhouette.
woolenspark
Recruit

Post by woolenspark »

i seen in another post styrene was used. I definetly think it needs to be lowered a bit. thanks for the link to the other post i will check that out

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

c.rainford73 wrote:I enjoy ordering from Dave for my Taigen upgrades. His website is much easier to navigate IMHO. His prices are very competitive and I'm many cases less expensive than some US vendors. ( even if the VAT was added). His shipping prices are exceptional too.

He is very responsive and although I'm here in the states I get my orders just as quickly as the US suppliers.

Dave is the best :clap:

Carl
why thank you very much carl
dave
woolenspark
Recruit

Post by woolenspark »

With a piece of sprue from a Stuka it seems to be at about the right height. I think. Image

c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Mr Woolen it's vastly improved :clap:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Here's a working T34/85 that came to visit the Highlands last May. It even fired the cannon, and deafened all the local seagulls....
T34 Scotland 2017
T34 Scotland 2017
Click to enlarge!
Here's one I snapped in the Swiss Military Museum back in 2016. Getting full profile shots is not always easy, unfortunately...
T34 Swiss Military Museum
T34 Swiss Military Museum
They may help a bit..if only with a bit of image variety
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
woolenspark
Recruit

Post by woolenspark »

Hmmm. What about drilling different holes for the spring. You would still have room for droop then.Image

woolenspark
Recruit

Post by woolenspark »

Nice. Now i have to put a log on it to.

woolenspark
Recruit

Post by woolenspark »

Much better. Drilled a hole staight across from the top hole. Next question. Will the slack cause an issue running?Image

Return to “Heng Long Builds”