KING TIGER 211,506 S.PZ.ABT,GERONSWEILER,DEC '44

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Met5
Corporal

Re: PROJECT KING TIGER- CAUTION- PICS COULD DISTURB

Post by Met5 »

project stopped ?!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

No mate, it’s just waiting for my F05 build to be completed.
In fact I managed to get hold of a new upper hull for it which will help tidy the thing up once I get onto it seriously,
I’ve chosen a pictures tank to copy so Ive got a path to follow too.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

No mate, it’s just waiting for my F05 build to be completed.
In fact I managed to get hold of a new upper hull for it which will help tidy the thing up once I get onto it seriously,
I’ve chosen a pictures tank to copy so Ive got a path to follow too.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Alfa Three Five
Private

Post by Alfa Three Five »

OMG Herman, this kitty was left over after Berlin's fall in '45 or what... I'm sure you will bring him to the high standard we can expect from you!
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Well put Mr Wolf.
In "the old Country" I was an avid military gun collector.
We in that game lived by the adage "you dont ever own history-you are merely a custodian"
In the case of a 1/16th RC Tank, I would stretch to that, but in this case, having never met the man who owned it, I still feel a duty to respect the circumstances of how I came to have it, and while its not to my taste in finish, to somehow do the man a duty to present it in a way he would perhaps be proud of.

I can see it from where I sit to 'tank' and look at it will some degree of dread to know its an actual Tamiya and as such is a new level for me to strive to get up to the next level.

Herman - you are already on the top level mate, you are too modest. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
Burger_Patrol1
Lance Corporal

Post by Burger_Patrol1 »

Hey Mr. Bix,
That looks like a great project, and I can't wait to see what do with the King Tiger. I respect your ideas about History, and the the way that you came about receiving this tank :thumbup: We all will eventually pass, but our Tanks will live on!!! :D

I actually have one spare parts sprue for that model if you need it....
P2120001.jpg
P2120001.jpg (69.99 KiB) Viewed 6552 times
Tanks a lot,
Burger_Patrol1
Brea, CA. USA ;D
Tamy T1
Tamy Sand Scorcher
Tamy BlackFoot
Tamy Clodbuster
Static Dio's
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Wow Mr Burger, there sure is stuff in there I could use on this.
I would love to include your surplus hardware in my build if are happy to part with it.
Please let me know what 'arrangement' you would be happy with for me to secure these goodies.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Burger_Patrol1
Lance Corporal

Post by Burger_Patrol1 »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Wow Mr Burger, there sure is stuff in there I could use on this.
I would love to include your surplus hardware in my build if are happy to part with it.
Please let me know what 'arrangement' you would be happy with for me to secure these goodies.
Hey Mr. Bix,
If you don't mind paying the shipping cost...just PM me a mailing address and I will send it snail mail. :thumbup:
I can find out what it would cost to ship and let you know, if it still sounds good to you :thumbup:
Tanks a lot,
Burger_Patrol1
Brea, CA. USA ;D
Tamy T1
Tamy Sand Scorcher
Tamy BlackFoot
Tamy Clodbuster
Static Dio's
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Burger_Patrol1 wrote:
HERMAN BIX wrote:Wow Mr Burger, there sure is stuff in there I could use on this.
Hey Mr. Bix,
If you don't mind paying the shipping cost...just PM me a mailing address and I will send it snail mail. :thumbup:
I can find out what it would cost to ship and let you know, if it still sounds good to you :thumbup:
Sure does mate, let me know to Gold Coast, Australia and I can get the PM on its way.
Appreciate the opportunity ;)
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Burger_Patrol1
Lance Corporal

Post by Burger_Patrol1 »

Hey Mr. Bix,
I most likely won't be able to get to the post office until Saturday, work is real busy this time a year. Putting in 16 hour days right now 8O
I will let you know for sure though :thumbup:
Tanks a lot,
Burger_Patrol1
Brea, CA. USA ;D
Tamy T1
Tamy Sand Scorcher
Tamy BlackFoot
Tamy Clodbuster
Static Dio's

Return to “Tamiya Builds”