Hello from Michigan, USA

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Dayle Frame
Recruit

Re: Hello from Michigan, USA

Post by Dayle Frame »

Gary,
I’d like the chance to visit Detroit and see the locals down there. You’re right, it’s not too far. I travel a lot for my job and I’m in SE MI all the time (Romulus Last Wednesday, Warren this Thursday). When I joined this forum I reviewed the member list and saw a few Michiganders so I knew I wasn’t alone in the wilderness.

The parts I need for the KT are mostly the ornamental items for the upper hull. I figure I can find them from after market sources when I get that far. The biggest missing piece was a speed controller for the turret. A buddy who is into RC cars told me to get and electronic one so I bought two ESCs from Tower. I may start a build thread so I can get advice as I move along.

As my birthday is 1/21, I’m gonna pull the trigger on the M4 soon. And you’re right again.....after getting lots of advice, it seems that the AAF is THE place to go for Tamiya hardware.

Thanks to everyone for being so welcoming. As I delve into this hobby I’m sure i’ll need guidance from the "intelligencia".

Dayle
Dayle
==========
Current: Tamiya King Tiger (56004), Tamiya M4A3 (56014)
Next: Tamiya Panzer IV (56026)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”