How do I eliminate

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: How do I eliminate

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

It's hard to see detail on the unit. Does it have four marked (1a, 1b etc..) terminals populated by screws? If so, these are the screws to attach the L and R red, motor cables to once they have been cut from the motors..as per instructions. Are there no clearer illustrations? I'm guessing..and it is a guess, that when you cut the left red cable in half, one end will go to 1a say, and the other to 1b. Ib then completes the circuit to the MFU motor terminal (L) This would create continuity between the motor Red (+) terminal passing though the recoil reducer. Ditto with the right red cable on terminals 2a and 2b. That is: red from motor (R +) to 2a and 2b then continues the circuit to MFU motor terminal (R) Hope this makes some sense. :problem:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Here is a very spaghetti like setup in my Tiger I. It has an ATRC unit from Max-U52 (rctanksaustralia)

If you look carefully both the red wires coming from the rx18 get intercepted to the ATRC and then into the rx18.

Then you connect your three wires as Roy described to you rx18 to get the signal ( as per the instructions)ImageImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

The ATRC uses a five pin connector to interact with the rx18. Yours is different so you need to connect as per the instructions and solder. It's the board closest to the gearboxes. Works excellent!

Carl
Norton1
Lance Corporal

Post by Norton1 »

Roy and Carl, yep I believe that is the ticket. The piece I received from Model-Bau has the screws inline - and there are 4 of them. So I will presume that is how they go. Same as your picture Carl. As a Marine I can only say that pictures work 8O

Now I can take a short break from the Zim and do electrical. ;D

Be well and many Thanks,
Steve
King Tiger, Panzer "G" model, Tiger 1, and one little Sherman.
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Norton1 wrote:The cutting of the left red cable then the right one doesn't make sense to me. Am I supposed to run the red from each one through the connector? I mean, cut the red wire from each motor and route them through this unit?
Steve, my understanding is that you cut the red wire from the left motor, and attach one each of the cut ends to terminals 1A and 1B. You then cut the red wire from the right motor and attach each cut end to terminals 2A and 2B. This way, when the board receives the firing signal (from your soldered connection 3), it will cut the power to the motors, stopping them from reversing direction and jerking the tank.
Norton1
Lance Corporal

Post by Norton1 »

Raminator - that's what I think also. Carl has his wired that way and it makes sense. Thanks for further solidifying the process.

Be well,
Steve
Norton1
Lance Corporal

Post by Norton1 »

20180114_125621 (700x525).jpg
Which post is #3? Carl is that unit you received from the Aussies a plug in with no soldering?

Be well,
Steve
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Norton1 wrote:
20180114_125621 (700x525).jpg
Which post is #3? Carl is that unit you received from the Aussies a plug in with no soldering?

Be well,
Steve
Hi Steve, it's not a plug in but it doesn't require soldering. It has lugs that you tighten for motor #1 red to board then from board to rx18. Same for the other motor.

As for the interface it uses the five pin connector from the rx18 then you plug the upper hull recoil mechanisms into it.

How does your connect to the rx18?
Norton1
Lance Corporal

Post by Norton1 »

The only rx-18 is the one wire that is soldered

Be well,
Steve
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Norton1 wrote:The only rx-18 is the one wire that is soldered

Be well,
Steve
Steve it appears your track recoil eliminating device may work for the older version of the rx18, not your new version. I just went through your photos and it appears this is the case Image

Return to “Heng Long”