Delays on IBU2U

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Delays on IBU2U

Post by c.rainford73 »

Jerry you're welcome. Ian is tops in my book, very helpful and informative seller. He is THE IBU guy here on the forum. Ivano is just as kind and helpful too.

A thought.

In the .ini files have the smoker setting been altered?

I had a stock smoker quit on me the other day in my KV-2 . ( Running Elmod fusion) Tarr is my smoker of choice.

Keep us posted with the resolution.

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

I see in your file you have min smoke set 100%

And Max smoke set at 100%

Mine are 60% - 100% , I don't think this would make a difference to the board though Jerry.

Not a bad idea after you speak to Ivano or Ian to ask if you should flash the latest version of update for the board.
Lotuswins
Recruit

Post by Lotuswins »

Carl,

I haven't rec'd a reply from Ivano, so I think I'll just contact Ian and see if he will test this thing to see if it works correctly or not......

thanks for all the help, and I'll let you know of the results. BTW, I had already flashed to the latest update.

Jerry
theibuman
Private

Post by theibuman »

Hello Jerry,

If i understood correctly ...

You have an airsoft equipped tank.
I suppose you set the recoil/airsoft into ini file to 1 (airsoft mode).
You have an electronic switch to enable/disable the airsoft motor.
Also you have a servo for barrel recoil which is connected where ? to IBU servo recoil port ? or to Taigen recoil port ?
The delay described affects the servo movement ?

Thanks
Lotuswins
Recruit

Post by Lotuswins »

Hi theibuman,
I have a Taigen Panther F, with airsoft cannon and have added IR Emitter, receiver, and flash LED. I had relays to interrupt the Airsoft cannon motor, directing the negative pulse to a relay which closed its contact across the Airsoft limit switch, emulating that the card should emit the cannon sound, and the track recoil. The card was in Airsoft mode, but I also had it in mechanical recoil mode also, but it had significant delay in the cannon fire when asked to fire. When the airsoft was enabled, of course, the delay wasn't noticeable as the motor has to wind up the spring anyways, but when asked to just fire IR emitter/noise/track recoil, it has significant delay. The IBU2 base units I had purchased before this IBU2U unit have no delay, in fact no relay is needed to enable the cannon noise/track recoil with the airsoft motor signal interrupted.

I have since contacted Ian again, and I will try the card with only IR equipment attached to see if the delay is still present. I'm waiting for some cables to arrive to enable me to do a configuration to attempt that, I should have it done by next week (The Panther has since been rewired for a Open Panzer TCB, since I had turning issues also...due to the low friction of the track/ball bearing metal wheels/ball bearing gearboxes). If this IBU2 base does still have a delay, then I'll send it back to Ian for testing, at least he has agreed to it.

Jerry
theibuman
Private

Post by theibuman »

Hi Jerry,
I think delay come from the switching time of the relay, which voltage has the relay coil or better do you know relay brand/type ?
Thanks
theibuman
Private

Post by theibuman »

Hi Jerry,
Your mod has to be done as per attached schematic, not phisically tested, but should work.
You need two 5VDC (or 6VDC) relays, using 12VDC relays with 2S Li-Po the relays switching time become slow.
Using your original schematic the board switch input can be damaged permanently.
Also i suggest (if not done yet) to upgrade to latest FW version.
Attachments

[The extension pdf has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

[quote="c.rainford73"]Jerry is the airsoft setup you are running with the relay the possible source? Could you possibly connect a servo to the servo recoil port on the IBU and see if the recoil servo is initialized immediately or with a delay

Maybe I was onto something
Lotuswins
Recruit

Post by Lotuswins »

Thanks for the schematic theibuman, nice thought on the relays, but I'm using 6vdc units sourced from Mouser and Digitec. I can hear the relay click clearly, and its pretty fast. You noted it could damage the board switch input the way I have it wired, so I'm curious what did I miss? I see you switched both sides of the airsoft motor over to the relay K3, are you worried about inductive discharge from the relay coil? I already did the latest FW version too, thx.
Hi Carl, I'll try the servo recoil once I get my bits from Hobbyking (from Portland, so should get them Thursday at the latest. Tank is converted over to the OP TCB, so I have to test on the bench with a test rig I cobbled together out of spare parts.
thanks for the thoughts, I'll let you know the testing results....Jerry
theibuman
Private

Post by theibuman »

Hi Jerry,

The IBU2 is designed to be plug & play around the stock tank wirings.
The microswitch input (pins 1 & 2) present on xenon connector are designed to work with a switch that momentary short these pins.
One of the two pins (pin 2) is the input to microprocessor (internally tied to 3V3), that accept 3V3 level at maximum.
Even if there's a protection circuit (resistors and diodes) by connecting a negative pulse that come from a motor driver circuit referred to battery voltage is a risk.

Please keep me updated

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”