ABE'S EARLY TIGER 1 BUILD

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: ABE'S EARLY TIGER 1 BUILD

Post by silversurfer1947 »

You can upload photos direct from your laptop to the forum. That's what I do. The only proviso is that the photos have to be less than 2Mb, I think. If you use the "Post Reply" or Full Editor option, there is a facility "Upload Attachment", which you find if you scroll down a bit. Just select the photo from your computer, click add the file. then to add to your post, click place in line. Make sure you have your cursor in the right place in the text, or a frequently happens to me, your photo will appear in mid sentence.

Hope that helps.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

Test Upload
Attachments
20-R-350 Rosso Dino_2.jpg
20-R-350 Rosso Dino_2.jpg (51 KiB) Viewed 6265 times
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

Cheers Richard...onwards. Pobably be weekend before I can get all the bits out and get back into the mindset of what I was changing on the tank and re-ead the reference. Thats the poblem with stopping a build, you tend to forget where you are and whats next to do.

Lead up to Chistmas is pobably not the best time to get stuck back in but the time upto New Years will be useful.

Thanks fo the help.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning, Abe,
Here is a picture to hopefully get you into the Holiday Tiger Tank mood to build.
regards,
Painless
(klick to expand the pic)
Attachments
Lights on while the bow MG doles out some lead.jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

Nice Tiger Painless.

A thought for y'all to ponder.

I have ordered the Aber etch kit for the Air cleaner pipes. I intend to make the tubes, then create molds and cast in semi flxible resin or polyurethane. Then glue in place with a twist on the pipe. Reckon it will work?

BTW I have never cast anything before. Would I make the mold would I have them standing vertically and put a piece of tape over the end of each tube?

Any assistance ot advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you all had a great Christmas. Have a great New Years.

Abe
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi Abe, Many people when coming upon the words "Photo-Etch" move rapidly in the opposite direction,
The "ABER" Air Cleaner Pipes are in my opinion the easiest PE I have worked to date,
I don't quite understand why you are thinking of using epoxy/Resin mould's,
The method I used was to get the "ABER" PE, The Black Plastic Original Air Cleaner Tubes and a Pencil or anything that will provide a solid centre to the Plastic Pipes.
With the Pencil in the Tube I wrapped the PE tightly around the Tube,
As you do that the Multi- sided PE Air Cleaner tube will take shape,
Before closing the final section you can either brush Solder paint along the inside of the seam and using a butane torch solder along the seam OR smear superglue along the inside of the seam and close the final section,
Leave the Glue to cure and the job is done,
I do not use the PE End Fittings as they complicate a simple job and add nothing to the Air Cleaner Tubes.
Don't forget to remove the Pencil from the core of the pipe.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

Shaun, thanks but I know if I do not put the twist into the pipes, it will bug me forever....will use the pencil idea though..cheers.
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

I see a few nights of Aber etch brackets and clasps ahead of me....I am ready for the inevitable pinging!

Anyone know the diamater of the spare antenna tube? Are there pics of the end caps?

Happy New Years to you all x

D
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Abe Hi, I use a 13mm length of 3mm hollow brass tube,
I make the two support cups out of 2mm Plasti-card off- cuts that I shape with a modelling file and an emery board then I pin Vise two holes in the appropriate positions for the support cups so that the Spare aerial holder is proud of the Tank body by 4/5mm,
One end of the tube I cap with solder and file flat the other end I used the end of an empty ball point pen refill.
If you look around the workshop and the home you will soon see what you need.
It is a very easy and CHEAP job and not only is it immensely satisfying it is a working part of your Tank instead of being a bit of solid plastic rod.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

Can somebody please size the plate of the watertight for me as I sanded mine off LOL.

Many Thanks in anticipation.

Return to “Heng Long Builds”