Diorama Freak

This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Forum rules
This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Diorama Freak

Post by Estnische »

In 43rdRecceReg's post about his Stug, I was asking about 1/16 radios. Although there is stuff available on Shapeways, from a Painless thread, I found this seller on evilbay. He has a big range of 1/16 military and workshop stuff and the prices are much cheaper than those offered on the 3d printing sites. I've ordered a couple of pieces and will let you know the quality when they arrive.

Here are some bits as examples:

German radio.
Radio.jpg
Russian tank machine gun.
RussianMG.jpg
Various handwheels.
handwheels.jpg
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Diorama Freak

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Looks like a promising source. I might well consider acquiring a radio of that (apparent) quality for the projected StuG IV build...that's if I go for the sporty open- topped tourer version that is ..
Do give us your appraisal, Estniche, when the bits land on your doormat. The ones In the recent Nashorn builds have certainly added that extra eye-catching detail; that which makes a model stand out from its rivals :)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon,
I have nothing but praise for Diorama Freaks wares. I have used them on many builds. Give them just a little cleanup and they really add shine to a detail job. I've included a pic of the drivers hatch I used on the Crackerbox Palace build as an example of what might be found. Delivery is cheap and swift and I've not been disappointed in what I received.
regards,
Painless
Attachments
Cleaned up parts included the external - internal Hatch Lock and a Driver's cap as well as an extra short hinge.JPG
The Driver's hatch.JPG
The Driver's hatch.JPG (93.38 KiB) Viewed 2260 times
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Damn !!..........could you post a link please Mr E :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I went to E-Bay and did a search.
Shaun.
Last edited by jarndice on Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Estnische

Post by Estnische »

http://stores.ebay.com/DioramaFreak/Zub ... 34.c0.m322

Zubehor = accessories

Waffen = weapons
Estnische

Post by Estnische »

So here are the bits I bought off Uwe, a Russian tank MG and a German radio.
W0001.JPG
The body of the radio is resin, and came with the antenna, revolver, wire, headphones and handles.

The MG will need a little work as the magazine is not perfect and the end of the barrel is bent. I suspect that's why he threw in an extra of each. Here is the real thing.
DT-machine-gun-Degtyarev-tank.jpg
DT-machine-gun-Degtyarev-tank.jpg (39.88 KiB) Viewed 2161 times
Not perfect, but for the price they are great value. I could not have made anything that detailed, so I'm a winner.

Return to “Recommended Vendors”