Hi from the midlands

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Slot racer
Recruit

Hi from the midlands

Post by Slot racer »

Hi all. My names Richard and I live in Loughborough in the uk. My main hobby is slot racing and I race digital and analog all over the uk and abroad in some cases. I occasionally scratch build my cars and or change chassis and running gear to make them more competitive.
So I’ve been given a tiger 1 tank by a work colleague who wants me to fix it for his son (I’m not sure he’s getting the fact that I have limited knowledge about rc stuff) I was hoping that you guys can help.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Hi from the midlands

Post by jarndice »

Hallo Richard, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
If you are interested in meeting other like minded members of the Forum there is a monthly meeting held in Great Gonerby, details can be found on the Forum, You would be very welcome,
You are a Builder :thumbup: :clap: which makes you even more welcome,
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Hi Richard and welcome from the United States :wave:

Glad to have you aboardImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Hi Richard - there are a few of us fellow slot racers here. It won’t take you long to come to grips with RC basics - at least enough to do fault finding, it’s mostly plug and play. Modifications can be a black art though.

Do you use Slotforum?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

G'day & welcome along Mr Slot

Great choice of entry into this abyss we love.............loads of Tiger spares, reference's and advice.
I once was an avid/fundamentalist AFX racer back in the day, I still have some cars somewhere !
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

A warm welcome. If you have a look, you will almost certainly find some information about "your" tank if you look in the appropriate thread according to its manufacturer. Any problems, just tell us what make it is and what the problems are and I am sure someone will be able to help.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Slot racer
Recruit

Post by Slot racer »

Estnische wrote:Hi Richard - there are a few of us fellow slot racers here. It won’t take you long to come to grips with RC basics - at least enough to do fault finding, it’s mostly plug and play. Modifications can be a black art though.

Do you use Slotforum?

Yes I do I enter a lot of the DISCA events. I’m doing the Lemans 24 at the end of the month. Do you still race?

I’m still struggling to find what’s going on with the gun. I’ve trawled through the forum and can’t see anyone having the same issue. I’m going to have to admit defeat I think.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

If you can tell us what make the Tiger is, we may be able to help. This is a lot of knowledge out there that you won't necessarily find by trawling the forum.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D

Return to “Introduce Yourself”