Dang that hurt!

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Norton1
Lance Corporal

Dang that hurt!

Post by Norton1 »

I have been doing a bunch of research on pellet speed in these RC tanks. The only thing I really found here was that if you shoot your hand at close range and you don't do it again it is plenty fast enough. Well I won't do that , let alone do that again, as the pellet leaves so fast I have to get behind the tank and sight along the barrel to even see it fly. At 25 feet it will knock an empty water bottle, plastic one, down.

After much ado it appears to me that this Heng Long King Tiger is a pretty good unit. Everything works, I did order it with the metal tracks and gears upgrade, and have found it will truck through the long grass of the yard, over gravel, climb any degree hill that the tracks can get a grip on. Pretty cool I think. The smoker is a bit of an issue but I think it is trying to work, just not being very successful about it. The outfit I bought it from has been super about tech support and initially replaced the first tank as it had some issues I wasn't willing to fix since it was new. They are sending me a new smoker unit and we'll see how that one works. I may have to look here to see if someone has come up with a home made one that works.

Great forum so far. If I was really motivated I'd do some fancy painting but I am much more into how it performs. Thanks for all the articles you all have put in here. I'll keep checking in and see if there are some like minded folks here in Idaho near me. Might be fun to see another tank or two for a back yard scrap!

Be well,
Steve
King Tiger, Panzer "G" model, Tiger 1, and one little Sherman.
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Dang that hurt!

Post by c.rainford73 »

Norton1 wrote:I have been doing a bunch of research on pellet speed in these RC tanks. The only thing I really found here was that if you shoot your hand at close range and you don't do it again it is plenty fast enough. Well I won't do that , let alone do that again, as the pellet leaves so fast I have to get behind the tank and sight along the barrel to even see it fly. At 25 feet it will knock an empty water bottle, plastic one, down.

After much ado it appears to me that this Heng Long King Tiger is a pretty good unit. Everything works, I did order it with the metal tracks and gears upgrade, and have found it will truck through the long grass of the yard, over gravel, climb any degree hill that the tracks can get a grip on. Pretty cool I think. The smoker is a bit of an issue but I think it is trying to work, just not being very successful about it. The outfit I bought it from has been super about tech support and initially replaced the first tank as it had some issues I wasn't willing to fix since it was new. They are sending me a new smoker unit and we'll see how that one works. I may have to look here to see if someone has come up with a home made one that works.

Great forum so far. If I was really motivated I'd do some fancy painting but I am much more into how it performs. Thanks for all the articles you all have put in here. I'll keep checking in and see if there are some like minded folks here in Idaho near me. Might be fun to see another tank or two for a back yard scrap!

Be well,
Steve
Hi Steve :wave: From experience, the stock smoker units can be dodgy and some are great for a long time while others Quit right from the beginning. Since you are handy and not afraid to open the tank up and fiddle with it, it maybe worth a visit to the smokers section of the forum ( Other Electronics), or when time and Image allow source a nice aftermarket system like a Tarr unit and smoke as much as you can Image

Have fun
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Norton1
Lance Corporal

Re: Dang that hurt!

Post by Norton1 »

Thanks for that! I used to get my behind paddled a lot as a kid because everything my folks gave me I took apart. MOST of the time I could figure out how to put it back together. B|
King Tiger, Panzer "G" model, Tiger 1, and one little Sherman.

Return to “General Discussion”