Rock Crawler

This board is for you people out their who would like to discuss RC cars and trucks
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: Rock Crawler

Post by wibblywobbly »

Yes, and they have improved what you can do with it now. It was a doddle. :clap:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

You all remember that stunning, ground breaking movie '2001 A Space Odyssey''? ...well this is nothing like that.... 8O

phpBB [video]
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Move over Spielberg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

I love itImagequite theatrical by the way! Well done :clap:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Wow. That's incredible, Wibbs. I can't wait to get my CR10. I'm setting up a good sturdy stainless steel table to put it on, and watching tutorials and stuff. I'll have to check out CURA.

Really beautiful work, but she's just screamin' for red pin-stripes!!
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Kind of "Space 1999" in 2017/8 !!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

More recent than that, it is loosely based on the Exploration vehicle in the movie The Martian.
Attachments
martian-vehicle.jpg
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Actually got to run this one today whilst visiting Simon at Greens Models, it's all weathered up with genuine Martian dust. We went crawling in the woods but my phone camera ran out of memory. It runs very nicely though I have ordered a much faster and more powerful steering servo. The TRX4 Landrover at the end is one of Simon's many (many) rc models, and is tricked up complete with a Das Mikro sound board which was louder than I thought possible. I bought one while I was there.... :/

phpBB [video]
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Seeing as rock crawlers have a habit of rolling over and hitting rocks, I decided to keep the windows solid, and do them matt black. The shell is ultra strong, and more by luck than design it clears the wheels on full lock, compressed suspension etc. It's very slightly top heavy, but it scampers up inclines no bother. I am now trawling Thingiverse for accessories to print for the Landrover.... :D
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

What wheels are you running? Real bead locks? If so I have a way for you to add almost 85gr to EACH wheel! My TRX4 Defender which is a very top heavy truck no longer top heavy. All sorts of tricks to drop the center of gravity on your truck. Wish you had gotten a TRX4 cause I'd be able to help you with all sorts of goodies! Heck let me know if you want and 3 piece bead lock wheels I got some I haven't even opened up yet.

Return to “RC Cars and Trucks”