SdKfz 164 Nashorn by Alwyn Turner

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
c.rainford73
Major

Re: SdKfz 164 Nashorn by Alwyn Turner

Post by c.rainford73 »

Richard this is great news. I'm very excited for youDave and Alwyn are tops. I've recieved my items from them quicker than some US vendors
Tanks alot.... :wave:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Whilst looking for bits for the chassis, I came across these https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/p2 ... _Long.html. This build is different from anything I have done before and I am wondering what purpose these serve and whether they would be a useful addition.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

silversurfer1947 wrote:Whilst looking for bits for the chassis, I came across these https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/p2 ... _Long.html. This build is different from anything I have done before and I am wondering what purpose these serve and whether they would be a useful addition.
They provide another point of support for the drive shafts which helps stop the shafts moving under load. Provide a similar function to a gearbox brace.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Look forward to seeing this one at club meet, you've got until the 3rd, no rush...plenty of time... :)
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

This is going to be a long, slow process - much like my other builds. :D However it was and is my intention to bring it along in its basic state. It has to be seen like this to really appreciate the work that has gone into its construction.
One hold up will be the painting. I do my spraying outside. This time of year is not ideal.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

silversurfer1947 wrote:This is going to be a long, slow process - much like my other builds. :D However it was and is my intention to bring it along in its basic state. It has to be seen like this to really appreciate the work that has gone into its construction.
One hold up will be the painting. I do my spraying outside. This time of year is not ideal.
Richard the design and construction of the hull and chassis and the incredible gun makes this such a special pieceImage
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Im trying to build a shopping list of essential details and have been looking for a suitable radio. So far I've found 2, but not sure about them. I shall be grateful if anyone is able to share their experience of these.
http://www.an-bri-rc-modellbau.de/epage ... ducts/wf44

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WWII-Wehrmach ... 1438.l2649
Richard
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

silversurfer1947 wrote:Im trying to build a shopping list of essential details and have been looking for a suitable radio. So far I've found 2, but not sure about them. I shall be grateful if anyone is able to share their experience of these.
http://www.an-bri-rc-modellbau.de/epage ... ducts/wf44

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WWII-Wehrmach ... 1438.l2649
Richard hello my friend! I believe the setup I used was from An-Bri. I'm not sure how accurate it is. I think the setup Louis used is fantatstic I don't recall where it came from. I'd go with his design if I could do it over again.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Louis' radio set up does look good , unfortunately there is no indication where it came from. I will keep looking in the hope of finding alternatives. Incidentally, I think Louis cheats and posts photos of the real thing ;D If mine comes within spitting distance of his I shall be overjoyed.
Richard
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

silversurfer1947 wrote:Louis' radio set up does look good , unfortunately there is no indication where it came from. I will keep looking in the hope of finding alternatives. Incidentally, I think Louis cheats and posts photos of the real thing ;D If mine comes within spitting distance of his I shall be overjoyed.
Yes he is much like Barry on the forum. Very talented. Shoot him a pm I'm sure he'd like to help you if he can

Return to “Other Builds”