Rock Crawler

This board is for you people out their who would like to discuss RC cars and trucks
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Rock Crawler

Post by midlife306 »

This is the guy I use
3D Printing Printer Filament PLA 1.75mm 1kg/sample for Reprap Makerbot UK SA https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2759509714

Prints well & his deliveries are lightning fast.
I must have had 30+ coils from him.
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

But have you ever weighed a full reel to see if it is around 1.2kg?
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Yep, they've all been 1.2kg
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

The good news is that they have offered to refund 2 x 20%, this is the only outfit I have ever bought filament from that only put 800 grams of filament on a reel, lesson learned, it could have been a complete 2 day print disaster. 8O
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

One assumes they will not be getting any more of your business. It is very naughty not stating whether it is gross or net weight.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Quite, looking at their negative feedback I am not the only one who cottoned on to what they are doing. Most people wouldn't weigh the full reel, I only realised the problem because I was doing a huge print that assumed there was 1kg of filament, I've never done prints this big before. I've just started the rear section of the bodyshell, which will require less than the cab, so will be ok with 800 grams...only 26 hours to go.... :|
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

You're a braver man than me with those long prints! I can just imagine 10 hours in and the print comes loose from the bed (and it has happened to me after an hour and a half of a 3 hour print)...... I would be a gibbering wreck by the time the print finishes.

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I wouldn't have contempated it with my old printers, but this one is just 100% dependable. I just design a part, load it into Cura, adjust the orientation, and print quality etc to how I want it, save the Gcode and print it. I don't even think about sticking parts anymore. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Just a few mouldings to print and glue on, but 95% done, and even hooked up six led's that work. One thing I did notice was that although I have a big bag of led's they weren't all the same brightness, so I had to keep swapping them out till I got six the same. There is an led socket on the esc, but it puts out 5.7v, so I ran the power through a voltage regulator adjusted to 3v output and hooked the led loom up to that.

Sorry it's a short video, the blooming battery went dead after 60 seconds...grrr!

phpBB [video]
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Awesome work as usual Rob! :clap: :clap: :clap: You should contact NASA about designing and building their prototypes. :D

Next job is an Ares Mars lander/return vehicle and a couple of Habs, then you could do your own Marian sets/movies.

Great job :clap: It gives me hope that with my new printer all my printing problems will be behind me. ;D

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild

Return to “RC Cars and Trucks”