Sov's Tiger Build

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
SovereignZuul
Corporal

Re: Sov's Tiger Build

Post by SovereignZuul »

In the end I don't think I'm going to fuse them, I just really want to! For the sake of the little details I would like to clean up the two halves with some more nice weld lines is all...

For convenience sake I think it's going to use the taigen attachment system the hull came with, with some of my spare neodymium magnets to supplement as you suggested.
Markocaster
Staff Sergeant

Sov's Tiger Build

Post by Markocaster »

Sov, what brand is the liquid solder paste you use and where do you buy it? Those cables look great

Cheers,Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HL /Mato tiger 1 early, Tamiya Tiger 1 early, Taigen tiger 1 mid
Taigen T34/85, HL SU-100
Jagdpanzer Lang
Taiga Jagdpanther
Heng Long Sherman DGS Firefly kit
Tamiya King Tiger (unbuilt)
Mato all metal Panzer III
1/10 Jagdpanther
SovereignZuul
Corporal

Post by SovereignZuul »

Carr's 188 was what I had been using for the last couple of years but the availability of solder pastes has expanded greatly since. You can get some on amazon prime right now even, lead free and fairly inexpensive!

I have yet to try the new stuff, I bought lead free to fix a silver ring for my GF after it split in half. Will report back in the near future about it.
Markocaster
Staff Sergeant

Post by Markocaster »

SovereignZuul wrote:Carr's 188 was what I had been using for the last couple of years but the availability of solder pastes has expanded greatly since. You can get some on amazon prime right now even, lead free and fairly inexpensive!

I have yet to try the new stuff, I bought lead free to fix a silver ring for my GF after it split in half. Will report back in the near future about it.
Thanks Sov , I have been meaning to try this stuff I hear it makes soldering easier Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HL /Mato tiger 1 early, Tamiya Tiger 1 early, Taigen tiger 1 mid
Taigen T34/85, HL SU-100
Jagdpanzer Lang
Taiga Jagdpanther
Heng Long Sherman DGS Firefly kit
Tamiya King Tiger (unbuilt)
Mato all metal Panzer III
1/10 Jagdpanther
SovereignZuul
Corporal

Post by SovereignZuul »

Sorry, slow update but I'm still working a bit every day.

I finally found some nice detail quality jerry can 1/16th props I'd like to integrate into the final model. Made some for fun. They have nice photo etched gasket between the two halves, nice cap detail too. I'll take a better end picture later.

I liked my old jack just fine, but it didn't reflect the level of detail I am going for so I looked around for other options.

Got this very beautiful 20t jack, but it's a Panther type and not correct for the Tiger. I think the early Tiger had the 15t jack, and the later had the 20t. My tank being mid, well I'm not sure, but it's too much work to covert this into a 15t jack, so I'll be sticking with the 20t version. This requires much conversion, the small details matter!

This jack kit is a very hard nickel, it's taken a lot of effort to clean up the pieces so progress was slow. My old plastic Taigen jack is a 15t early model and has totally different shapes and proportions.

20t jack conversion from Panther to Tiger style all to reflect the difference needs: reshaped jack pad, it needs a correct foot, it needs to be increased in length, correct carry handle style and location, and correct mounting system on the tank itself. Much progress to go here.

Seeya next time! :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Mr Zuul ??............you out there ?..............this done yet, we've let you be long enough now its time to get on with it :haha:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

almost a year but we've not seen the finish product yet.
H/L Pantiger, H/L Leopard 2A6, Mato Panzer III, Hybrid Tiger 1 and some tank wreckage
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Mr Zuul? Mr Zuul.....
Tanks alot.... :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Beuller ?........anyone?...........anyone ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I keep checking back too, its museum quality and ....it's not finished! 8O
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “Heng Long Builds”