Dasmikro (TBS Benedini clone)

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Dasmikro (TBS Benedini clone)

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Hi Max, I got that programmer with my board too. It came bad wired and I suspect a bit messed up because the shipping... But what I did is I just unplugged the J connector, took the wires out and connected to other programmer that I had followed the diagram above. But if you just connect the wires in the correct order, it should work.

The 3.3v in the diagram, means to use a programer with a maximum output power of 3.3v, because a 5.5v will fry the dasmikro. Most of the usb programmers has a jumper where you can select how do you want it to work, so please be sure to select 3.3v. Also remember the VCC is not needed, you only need to plug three wires, thats all. TX, RX and GND. Forget about the rest.

You also mentioned something important, and is yes, you need to have your dasmikro plugged to the receiver, and the receiver plugged to the ESC, and the ESC to the battery. In other words, you need the board to be powered on when connecting to the computer.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
Also there is no need to solder the connector to the board, but I really recommend it. The conexion is pretty poor, and if you disconnect the board when programming, disaster can happen... So what I did is to solder female 1.27mm pin headers. Any how to solder normal pin headers video must be what you need, but in a smaller size. There are plenty in youtube so you can choose the one suits you most.
4.jpg
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Rad - this stuff is great. I have been occasionally pushing for more people with RC skills to do this kind of thing. There seems to me to be plenty of help for modelling and mechanicals, but a big gap between those with RC knowledge and the rest of us. I'd like to see this made as a sticky.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Estnische wrote:Rad - this stuff is great. I have been occasionally pushing for more people with RC skills to do this kind of thing. There seems to me to be plenty of help for modelling and mechanicals, but a big gap between those with RC knowledge and the rest of us. I'd like to see this made as a sticky.
Thank you very much for your kind words.

And yes, I agree with you. I dont want to derrail the thread, but I am surprised about the fact that really skilled modellers in the forums spent infinite hours making the toy look like a museum piece, and spent hundreds and hundreds in photoetched parts and so on... And then they run the tank with the stock heng long or tamiya electronics wich are not much better... Or if they installed something cool inside we know nothing about it...

For me, the sounds, lights and extra features are the the most important part of the fun, so that's why I always keep looking for something new.

Anyway I am far far away from being expert, lol. But if anybody has any question and I know the answer, I'll be happy to help!.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

This has all been great so far, Rad, but you still haven't gotten to the part I've really been waiting for ... Volume Control. Can you adjust volume from the transmitter, or even just pre-set it to different volume levels? The lighting features are very impressive, but to be honest I probably won't use them, and the stock sound set seems to work well for me, it's just being able to turn it up or down that still eludes me.

If only the damn esc would get here. I have about 6 of them on order from about 4 different vendors and I've been waiting for weeks. The one esc I do have is great for testing (thanks again, Jack) but I want to start installing stuff in it's permanent location.

OK, that little esc vent helped a great deal. @)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Gary what esc versions have you ordered? Just wanted to know the model. Oh and Happy Turkey Day my friend
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Hey Carl, ordered a couple, this is the 10 amp

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10A-Bustophedo ... 2749.l2649

and this is the 20 amp

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Quality-RC-ESC ... 2749.l2649

and I have the esc that I got with the spektrum radio, which is the one I might use in the Mercedes, and I'll have a video about that momentarily. I'm afraid I'm going to have to take back what I said about lights not being important to me. They are, just not yet. Stand by. @) :/ :haha: 8) ;)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

OK, this will be the project where I try to get the very most out of the das mikro. I need to order a couple more mini jst sockets since I have four boards and only two sockets, but I really think this project will show off the board, if my hippie brain can get wrapped around it all. Naturally I'll do a separate thread when I start the 540K, but here's a little teaser.

phpBB [video]

:wave:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Oh yeah, Happy Thanksgiving to all, and for those of you in a nation where they don't habla Thanksgiving Day, just know that there are people here that are taking this day to remember all that we are thankful for, like being a member of a great hobby community like this one.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Hi Crius. Yes to both questions. You can pre set the volume of every sound and you can adjust all the sounds together from your transmitter. For those struggling with the soundboard with the open panzer and other projects, my parameters may or may not work with your setup, ESCs and radios, so I dont suggest to copy them. Remember I am using this board and parameters for a P-40 (a warbird)
2.png
2.png (43.78 KiB) Viewed 18072 times
How to do it the easy way? Copy all my parameters, and in the 2nd coder area, instead of sound 1 and sound 2 put Volume Up, and Volume Down.

Then connect a servo wire to PROP 2 in the Dasmikro to a free channel in your radio. A three pos switch would be ideal here. A +100 of the signal will rise the volume and a -100 will lower it.

Of course you can use two 2-pos switches instead of one... But everything is a matter of proggramming your board.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Wow, I just saw your Mercedes, Max. Such a beauty... Definitelly it would be a shame to stick with the stock RC toy system. It needs proportional control, and better sounds.

About the lights, I LOVE that yellowish-white, but yeah, It would be cool to choose which ones you want to switch it on and off, doesn it? The same with the rear, brake lights, reverse speed, indicators...

Dont worry, I'll try to help you as far as I can, but I am no expert, lol.

Return to “Other electronics”