Delays on IBU2U

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
Lotuswins
Recruit

Delays on IBU2U

Post by Lotuswins »

Hi All,

New to the forum, but have a question on the IBU2U:

Anyone notice a 1/2 second or so delay on cannon fire?

and on a side note, perhaps the same issue, if I ease into throttle, it revs and moves. If I got to full throttle quickly it won't do anything, ignoring the input.

This is on a newly constructed Taigen Panther F kit with their 390 motors/4:1 gearboxes, Turnigy 9X radio, airsoft turret (airsoft turned off when I get the delay).

I have three other tanks with the earlier IBU2 base, and this delay isn't present.

Thanks,

Jerry Rude
Roseburg, Oregon, USA
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Delays on IBU2U

Post by c.rainford73 »

Hi Jerry although we would like to help you and do our best to assist you with your tank please take the time to post a bit about yourself in the introduction section of the forum. I see your from the States like myself and many others on here!

All the best :wave:

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Lotuswins
Recruit

Post by Lotuswins »

Thanks Carl, I did the intro...didn't see that!! Jerry
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Lotuswins wrote:Thanks Carl, I did the intro...didn't see that!! Jerry
Much appreciated Jerry.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

So to discuss your IBU2U board you are experiencing a short delay of function or sounds when you fire the gun and the unit recoils?

I have two of these boards and actually enjoy them quite a bit for thier sounds and functions.

Have you gone into the board settings on the SD card and checked the parameters?

For instance my M1a2 has a much more pronounced recoil speed than my JS-2. I just made some adjustments in the files to achieve this.

Do tell all information you have to help make it a bit easier to figure out.

As for the full throttle response, I've not experienced this with either tank. They are very responsive and either go slow or very fast.

Any other details Jerry?

Carl
Lotuswins
Recruit

Post by Lotuswins »

Hi Carl,

Yes, I've been in there editing to get things the way I want, almost identical to the other IBU2 base boards. I've attached a copy of the .ini file in case you can spot something I may have messed up on. The tank has airsoft, but I've put it on the mechanical recoil since I intend to put IR on the tank, and I have a remote switch installed in the tank, controlled by channel 5 in the radio, to interrupt the airsoft motor when I don't want it to fire a pellet but still want recoil and cannon sound (i.e. IR battling). Note that I also get static on the speaker when firing the cannon, which doesn't show up on the other IBU2 base installations I've done. Speaker is a visaton FR7 speaker.

To be specific, I will have the tank started, and I push the switch on the radio and 1/2 second or so later the cannon will fire with the recoil of the tracks. The radio has no delay in the signal that I can detect, same settings as on the other tanks with IBU2 base (except opposite direction for some reason - IBU2U needs positive 100% on channel 3 for gun fire, all the IBU2 bases needs negative 100% on channel 3).

Any help much appreciated!

thanks, jerry
Attachments
ibu2u.ini
(10.98 KiB) Downloaded 330 times
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Hi there Jerryvery long day at work. I couldn't open the file you posted so I sent you a pm.

Here's what I've found when setting up and using my IBU2U boards. I've not had to change any specific settings on my turningy 9xrpro radio other than mapping certain channels to seperate functions. Same as my IBU2 or Clark tk60 boards.

As for volume and sound crackling and distortion I was dealing with this with the JS-2 specifically and after talking back and forth with Ian ( Mr Tankbear on the forum) I went into the files and set the overall volume at 70%.

Distortion and static gone

I'm running a very nice Visaton FRS 7s speaker and enclosure from Mr Maxmekker here on the forum and now I can crank up the volume and no static from engine rev or main gun fire.

Same settings on my M1A2 with the IBU2U.

I've yet to experience a delay on the main gun with either tank but when I originally setup the Abrams I went into the file to change some things and did notice a difference in response time to both the servo recoil and servo turret rotation.

Can you post a video of the gun recoil and static sounds?

All the best

Carl
Lotuswins
Recruit

Post by Lotuswins »

Hi Carl,

Reducing the volume seems to have helped the static noise issue, thanks a bunch!!

I can't seem to upload the video from my computer (50MB .MOV file). Not sure if you can reduce the size though, it is a very short video.

jerry
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

[quote="Lotuswins"]Hi Carl,

Reducing the volume seems to have helped the static noise issue, thanks a bunch!!

I can't seem to upload the video from my computer (50MB .MOV file). Not sure if you can reduce the size though, it is a very short video.

jerry[/quote

Best to use youtube and ore vimeo for video Clips

and then use the 'VIDEO' button up in R corner when making a New post in the tread
forum (Small).jpg
forum (Small).jpg (72.66 KiB) Viewed 4730 times

phpBB [video]
'

and insert url link in between

phpBB [video]
Drammen Rock City
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Jerry glad the noise is under control. if you have time post the details as Mr Maxmekker has advised and we can see any issues with the parameters with your settings.

Carl

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”