Futuba (Tamiya) Attack 4YWD 2.4G

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Futuba (Tamiya) Attack 4YWD 2.4G

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

PainlessWolf wrote:43rd R&R,
Thanks for the updated information! I do want to add some secondary lights, turret MG and convoy light, to my early Tiger and was thinking extra servo channels and esc territory. Another 10 channel RX like the one in the recently completed Late War Tiger 1 would allow me to do those things. It will be another adventure, all of the new builds seem to be. I hear you on the forest of radios that are used with older HL\Taigen tanks. I have roughly a dozen of those 27 mhz and tank specific types in spares. Hobby grade TX and RX is a much needed upgrade for me.
regards,
Painless
Perfectly understandable perspective, Painless. Although I have only been initiated relatively recently into the Tamiya fraternity, I have come to appreciate their strong points, and the pleasure of building a Tamiya tank. There are, however, desiderata, and you have named a few. Like you, I'd like secondary (or even primary :D ) lights on my models. Then there's smoke, and maybe a servo movable MG. In this respect, Taigen and Heng Long are in the vanguard of model tank enhancements. Tamiya's approach is much more conservative- stuck in the mud you might say. I see, though, that their new Abrams M1A2 full-option model requires a 6-channel Transmitter- not the customary and staid 4-ch model; so maybe this is an indication that the sleeping giant of model tanking is finally waking up to new developments. But maybe not.... :think:
https://www.axels-modellbau-shop.de/kat ... -1-16.html
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I still say the Flysky i10 is the only TX ya need. You can bind 20 different receivers with built in model matching, it's an extremely light weight TX and one of the easiest radios there is for set up and programing. I own a 9X, a 9XR Pro, and an i6 but for me the i10 is simply the best TX you can get, both for price and functionality.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Max-U52 wrote:I still say the Flysky i10 is the only TX ya need. You can bind 20 different receivers with built in model matching, it's an extremely light weight TX and one of the easiest radios there is for set up and programing. I own a 9X, a 9XR Pro, and an i6 but for me the i10 is simply the best TX you can get, both for price and functionality.
and it's your i10 currently serving as your magnum opus Hetzer's controller, Gary? I wonder how easy it would be to set it up for Tamiya's proprietary systems? Maybe one of these days you'll put a Tamiya tank together with essential extras...ah..but wait..
after the Hetzer..i imagine gong back to 1/16 might seem like backtracking somewhat (pun intended :D )..a retrograde step.
Building a Tamiya is a richly rewarding experience- albeit a bank balance draining one. The performance later, however, can be something of an anti-climax when compared with models that sport lights, smoke, cameras, and programmable sound at start up! :) The Tamiya is steady, predictable but a little uninspiring. :problem:..but battles well, apparently.
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Yes, Highlander, the i10 is what controls the Hetzer, as well as my 1/16 Jagdtiger. I personally prefer to have a separate TX for each tank, which is one of the reasons I like the i6 so much, it's cheap enough to get away with a TX for each tank, but for those that want just one TX for multiple tanks I say the i10 can't be beat. With that said, it is true that I have never built a Tamiya tank (and probably never will), but I don't see any problems with using the i10. I'm sure the switches and pots can be assigned the same way you would with a 9X so you can have things like tank start on a switch, instead of all those funky trim/stick combos. It even has a momentary switch in the perfect spot to be used for firing the main gun.

But, that's just my opinion. To each his own, right? I think the main thing is that we keep on Tankin'! :)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Max-U52 wrote:Yes, Highlander, the i10 is what controls the Hetzer, as well as my 1/16 Jagdtiger. I personally prefer to have a separate TX for each tank, which is one of the reasons I like the i6 so much, it's cheap enough to get away with a TX for each tank, but for those that want just one TX for multiple tanks I say the i10 can't be beat. With that said, it is true that I have never built a Tamiya tank (and probably never will), but I don't see any problems with using the i10. I'm sure the switches and pots can be assigned the same way you would with a 9X so you can have things like tank start on a switch, instead of all those funky trim/stick combos. It even has a momentary switch in the perfect spot to be used for firing the main gun.

But, that's just my opinion. To each his own, right? I think the main thing is that we keep on Tankin'! :)
Indeed, Gary! Carry on! Currently, each of my tanks has it's own personal transmitter (don't want to be accused of favouritism or neglect, by any of them, do we? :lolno: ) Hmmm..things get worrying when you start talking to your tanks. Worse still, when they answer back :haha:
One sensible reason for having a dedicated TX for each tank, is that should the affection wear off for one of them, the next owner after the 'divorce' will get a complete working unit.... :thumbup:
I've just picked up another budget Futuba... (£20 more that a V2 Taigen..that's all) The seller in Hong Kong described it as ''toy parts, and really undervalued it... (Great seller) That way, I'm not expecting to have any burly excise men knocking on my door and demanding import duties.
Some of these units sell for crazy money... :O

Return to “General Questions”