Futuba (Tamiya) Attack 4YWD 2.4G

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
43rdRecceReg
Major

Futuba (Tamiya) Attack 4YWD 2.4G

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I bought the Futuba rx/tx for my Tamiya Königstiger blitz build. I'm very pleased with it as it was very easy to set up, :) although I had to swap a couple of channels to get steering/throttle functions on the right stick, with gun and turret functions on the left..as per HL/Taigen models. That's the stick orientation I'm used to.Thing is, it all worked right away- No setting up was required. :) ..nor any cursing; and apparently a spare Futuba R204G F-E can be bought (according to the sales pitch) as a spare receiver. Marvellous. However, I'd assumed I could fit a spare receiver into my
Panther G project and allow them to share the same TX. After further thought, it struck me that the Transmitter might have to be bound to the spare receiver- and in so doing, might lose the link it had with the original. After all, these expensive 4-channel radios are not known for the 'model matching' I get with my Spektrum TX. Can any of our more seasoned Tamiya buffs shed some light on this? Cheers. Taigen Heng Long transmitters have in the past been uniquely paired to a specific MFU and its receiver..though that's changing. If the Tamiya/Futuba transmitter is limited to one receiver, in a similar way, then it would be massively overpriced for what it is. What's more, Futuba/Tamiya 4ch setups are difficult to obtain in the UK. :problem:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Futuba (Tamiya) Attack 4YWD 2.4G

Post by tomhugill »

Pretty sure you can bind more than one recover to a transmitter but no the other way round.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon,
This is a question I would like to see some answers on as well. I have a stock Tamiya Tiger 1 kit that will be built and it has all of the Tamiya electronics and they call for a four channel radio. I'd like to know if my new Flysky FS-i6s 10 channel jobbie will work with those older electronics.?..using a new RX of course? That radio supports up to five different vehicles. I built Sassgrunts Tamiya Tiger 1 using an IBU2 but that was a display model that he provided upgraded gearboxes and components for to turn it into an RC version.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Honestly I would not waste a minute with the futaba radio specially if you have a programable spectrum or the flysky you mentium, guys.

Dont worry about having extra channels, my radio has 24 channels and I use it with everything. Even with the old stock tamiya electronics.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Thanks, Tom. Well, Painless, it occurred to me that if a spanking new Tamiya 4-ch unit (rebranded Futuba) would work with all spare recommended Futuba RXs (R204GF-E 2.4G and R214GF-E 2.4G models) then it could cause mayhem on the Tamiya battlefield. Unless, that is, the receiver is uniquely paired to the specific transmitter. On reflection, though, as expensive and dated looking as the Attack 4YWD is, it just works perfectly with Tamiya tanks...pretty much out of the box (and out of pocket too :haha: ).
I'd certainly recommend it for your Tiger project, Painless. Then again, who wants a collection of Transmitters as large as the Tank collection itself?
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Rad,
Many thanks! For old timers such as myself ( who is surprised on a daily basis by the new electronics and radios ) your statement is a minds ease.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

I love my 4ywd that came with my js2. It just works, no faffing
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

43rd R&R,
Thanks for the updated information! I do want to add some secondary lights, turret MG and convoy light, to my early Tiger and was thinking extra servo channels and esc territory. Another 10 channel RX like the one in the recently completed Late War Tiger 1 would allow me to do those things. It will be another adventure, all of the new builds seem to be. I hear you on the forest of radios that are used with older HL\Taigen tanks. I have roughly a dozen of those 27 mhz and tank specific types in spares. Hobby grade TX and RX is a much needed upgrade for me.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

tomhugill wrote:I love my 4ywd that came with my js2. It just works, no faffing
Yes, it works... But basic functions.

With a programable radio you can configure it to have momentum (inertia) I mean, you can adjust it as accurate as you want and for examle to make a very heavy tank to take more time until reaching full speed (no jack rabiting, lol) taking more time for fully braking (not like droping a big anchor) having more speed foward than in reverse and a lot of things like that. In my case I love to drive and to feel all the tanks like real tanks, and everyone of them are configured in the radio momory with different specs. (Up to 60 tanks, lol) Is not the same to move a king tiger than a panzer III...

For a newbie the tamiya radio might be ok, but for somebody who already has a decent radio I see no reason to use it.

Tom, you have a 9xr pro, you can do marvels with it.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

I wouldn't buy one separately as they're hugely overpriced for what they are. But mine came as a Brucie bonus with my js-2 (Japanese) kit. With tamiya or IBU it's great, add a couple of fire buttons (easy with analogue trims) and you're away. Comes with both sticks self centering too which is nice.

I love my 9xr pro don't get me wrong, but there's a nice lightweight simiplicty ton the 4 channel futaba

Return to “General Questions”