Elmod F Pro or Clark TK60

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Elmod F Pro or Clark TK60

Post by c.rainford73 »

tomhugill wrote:
c.rainford73 wrote:Andy here's also something to consider when purchasing the board-

Who am I buying it from? Will you receive the same level of support if something goes amiss? Can you reach Ian or Stian in a pinch and know they are there to help you...

Here in the states I have Joe (Yellowshaker) on the forum for Elmod fusion boards and support. He setup and shipped mine for my specific tank. Very nice and helpful too.

Do you plan on operating different channels to run switches to operate individual tank functions such as music & extra machine guns? If this is the case your board must support all the extra functions like my IBU2U Ian just helped me with or the Clark tk60 That I'm running in my Nashorn or the one Maxmekker has setup for me for my M-36
The Open Panzer board and Elmod will also help you achieve this.

What tank am I using it in? Am I adding too much technology or can I get away with a Clark tk22? (and still get ir battle capabilities and servo recoil?)

Am I going to be battling or just running around the yard. Am I running servo recoil and elevation? Servo turret rotation?

How much do you want to program. Simple things can be achieved with the Sony remote. Maybe not the sexiest way to program but for the basics it gets the job done.

I have Elmod fusion Clark tk22,tk24 and tk60 boards and the newest IBU2U. I like them all for different reasons.

The newest IBU is very easy to program and is plug and play for Heng Long/Taigen. Very nice board and with the full option upgrade it's very hard to beat. I'd go with the FO version so no upgrade is needed.
(And for anyone who has not tried it yet you will see once you use one)Image

The Open Panzer board is very nice and easy to setup and program. You will need to source seperate speed control (inexpensive) and a Benedini mini sound board to run your tank. LukeZ and his forum are fantastic for help and support.

The Clark tk60 and tk24 are very easy to setup and sound excellent IMHO. The newest IBU2U is an excellent product for sure super easy to program and sounds much better than the originals. Elmod is only the top of the list for pricing but is fantastic and comes ready to go with all the bells and whistles.Image

Remember that every one has thier favoriteImage

Hope I haven't overwhelmed you or made it more confusing.

Cheers

Carl

Excellent summary!
Thanks TomImage I sometimes have good input. Image I'm still learning every aspect myself but while offering my bit o' knowledge I've summarized......
In general, my best approach to the board choice ( and there are so very many excellent options) is choose the board that will work best for my specific application.

And a strong support system for trouble shooting is a must ( for me at least) with my limited tech skills.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
walter
Sergeant

Post by walter »

I started with a TK-22 in my scratch build Tiger 2. Had servo recoil , elevation and cannon flash and the usual rest connected. Everything worked fine for about 3 month then things started to go wrong to the point that I was looking for a new replacement. Reading the wonderful reports of the Elmod boards I got a Fusion Pro that costed me almost 300 Australian Dollars. Installation was not as simple as the TK-22. But Elmod was very helpful. My main problem was steering the tank. Going forwards and backwards no problem but turning was a different story I kept blowing the fuse. I contacted Elmod the response was my tank was to heavy 15 kg and the board was not designed to handle that. I was very disappointed what a waste of money. What to do I contacted Clark and asked them if the TK-22 was repairable they asked a lot of questions and told me to send the board in for testing. 2 weeks later they contacted me saying there was nothing wrong with the board. The problem could be the receiver or the receiver wires. They send the board back with new receiver wires. I was a bit disappointed that they could not find anything wrong with the board. But reinstalled it anyway. Was I surprised every thing works fine to this day.
Walter
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

All the boards will handle running a fairly heavy tank, but if you are turning a Tiger with cleated tracks on grass etc then that causes a huge amps pull. There is a heat build up in the esc's as a board draws a lot of amps when the motors are stalled. If tank stops moving the safest thing to do is pick it up and make sure that the tracks aren't jammed. If you just keep it on a full throttle turn on stalled motors any esc (or fuse) will blow eventually.

I seen full metal Tigers running ok with aftermarket boards, and run Elmods indoors and out with two of my heaviest tanks. If Clark found nothing wrong with your board there is every possibility that it was the wiring rather than the board.

The boards are all programmable, so depending on whether you have superspin enabled/disabled, track speeds adjusted, throttle curves and end points adjusted, trims done etc it can make all the difference to how the the tank turns.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

I agree with Mr Wibbly. I've had perfect Clark tk22 boards and IBU2 boards not function properly a way back and it was discovered that simple wires were the issues.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

walter wrote:I started with a TK-22 in my scratch build Tiger 2. Had servo recoil , elevation and cannon flash and the usual rest connected. Everything worked fine for about 3 month then things started to go wrong to the point that I was looking for a new replacement. Reading the wonderful reports of the Elmod boards I got a Fusion Pro that costed me almost 300 Australian Dollars. Installation was not as simple as the TK-22. But Elmod was very helpful. My main problem was steering the tank. Going forwards and backwards no problem but turning was a different story I kept blowing the fuse. I contacted Elmod the response was my tank was to heavy 15 kg and the board was not designed to handle that. I was very disappointed what a waste of money. What to do I contacted Clark and asked them if the TK-22 was repairable they asked a lot of questions and told me to send the board in for testing. 2 weeks later they contacted me saying there was nothing wrong with the board. The problem could be the receiver or the receiver wires. They send the board back with new receiver wires. I was a bit disappointed that they could not find anything wrong with the board. But reinstalled it anyway. Was I surprised every thing works fine to this day.
Walter

And what did Clark charge you for this service Walter? :D
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
walter
Sergeant

Post by walter »

Hi
Clark did not charge anything. The only cost I had was sending the board to them. I thought it was a fist class service.
Walter
walter
Sergeant

Post by walter »

Wibblywobbly
You made some very interesting comments of programming the Elmod board. Wen I contacted Elmod they did not mention any of that just stating the tank was to heavy. I must also admit programming the Elmod board or electronics is not my strong point. Thank you for your comment though.
Walter
tanker ed
Private

Post by tanker ed »

I have the TK60 and the Elmod

Price wise there are the same a Elmod F Pro cost 224€ and a TK60 cost around 180€ but with Clark you have to buy if you want to program the board the Clark Remote+sensor and the programmer Pro ;)

With the Elmod board you have everything in the box to program and its so easy very nice software :)
With the clark board if you like to fiddle with it you have to buy the extra hardware
The support is super if you get a TK60 from Stian and the board comes with the best sounds possible.
Stian is a master in baking sounds and very very helpfull.

Sound wise i like the TK60 over the Elmod.
The sound on the Elmod is also very good but the Clark is a little bit better IMHO
If you like to fiddle with the boards the Elmod is king .
You can even set the gear changes and many many more 8) and super simple to switch sounds :)
plug in the usb and let your self go

If you buy a Clark from lets say from Stian the sound is already installed for you and this guy have super sounds and service
:)
If you like to program the TK60 and put your own sounds on it and fiddle with the tank settings then you have to buy the remote +sensor and the programmer pro

Grtz Ed
Taigen Pzkw IV metal edition
Torro Panther F metal edition
HL T90
Taigen TigerI metal edition
HL Torro edition Challenger 2
TigerI Project
Clark-Elmod-Ibu2ultimate
JR28X
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

I don't have experience with all other boards but I have Elmod Fusion ECO in my Tiger 1. I love the add-ons that they have. Especially the Bluetooth one that let's you configure your tank on the fly from an android phone. Who else offers that? In general I have no complaints about the board. It's solid and has a lot of variables to configure. Pivot turn speed, forward speed, reverse speed etc. And all that from the phone. Frequent firmware updates too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

I have the TK60 and the Elmod too.
If you need the best configurable Solution - i recommend the Elmod
If you need a plug´n´play solution with good sound and powerfull ESC - i recommend the TK-60

Return to “El-Mod”