I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP! (Ibu2 Ultimate [base versio)

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
c.rainford73
Major

Re: I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP! (Ibu2 Ultimate [base ver

Post by c.rainford73 »

FLAMEDRON599 wrote:
c.rainford73 wrote:How have you done with the board? Have you solved the problem with the engine start? I've two of these boards and they are fantastic. Once you figure out the sticks direction you should be setImage

Cheers

Carl
I have been able to start and motors but now i cannot steer the tank and i have chatted with the creater of the board

Here is a video i made on the tank (now it is painted)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k161lap7Ico
Hello there The Recoil issue that you're experiencing you should be able to adjust that by going onto the SD card files and you can set the rate of recoil and the return and speed as far as the Turning of the gear boxes I'm running steel gear boxes in both of my tanks that have the ibu2 ultimate and I can spin and turn without a problem so I'm wondering if it's an issue with the calibration of your radio
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Lotuswins
Recruit

Post by Lotuswins »

Hi Flamedron,

Okay, so, it won't steer.....well I too have a panther only the F version, in a kit form from Taigen. It too is all new, with steel road wheels (no rubber), ball bearings everywhere, new tracks (sharp edges) and steel 4 shaft gearboxes. It won't turn well at speed on carpet either. So if you turn off the superspin, and try to drive it on a surface with less 'sticktion', see if it will steer then. The problem is that the drivetrain has very little friction compared to past products, so rather than turn, the least amount of friction happens to be to push the opposite drive train. The cure? some recommend to blunt the tracks so they will stick less on carpet (go drive the thing on rough cement for awhile), or install the TBU from Open Panzer Project as it has a non driven track brake function that will help it turn.

I hope this helps.....Jerry
Oddball
Private

Post by Oddball »

Just my 2 cents but I run an IBU2 base in my jagdpanther with a planet 5 and was not overly impressed with it, having said that I changed to the Turnigy i6 set up and it transformed it everything worked as it should engine and fx sounds became richer tank responded better to radio in puts I changed nothing else but the radio so could be a radio issue
theibuman
Private

Post by theibuman »

Jerry described the issue correctly.
FW update for high-ratio gearboxes is coming asap.
Lotuswins
Recruit

Post by Lotuswins »

Another suggestion on making the tank turn, given to me by another tanker, is to lessen the support on the forward and rearward wheels, and/or, increase the support on the wheels in the center of the tracks. This will then require less force to overcome the friction to make a turn. I haven't tried it yet, but others have said it should help. The one who suggested it had bent his torsion springs full down on the two center ones and said this helped it turn. I personally have broken a torsion spring the last time I tried to adjust wheel loading, so be careful on how much you twist them. Perhaps have a few spares on hand before trying this?
Jerry
Norton1
Lance Corporal

Post by Norton1 »

Just a thing
King Tiger, Panzer "G" model, Tiger 1, and one little Sherman.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

I read through this thread and I am sure it is not the issue of the electronics but of the underpowered motors used. 380-390 motors are already week, but driving at low speeds will result in not enough torque to move a tank model especially when turning in deep ground.
theibuman
Private

Post by theibuman »

IBU2 Ultimate FW release 12.013 available for download from Dealers webpage or IBU webpage.
Fix turning issue on heavy grounds.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

But this will be for the ultimate only, right? There is no support anymore for the precious Pro version?

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”