Buildreport: Hobby Boss/Taigen Tiger I late

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Tiger build planning

Post by Soeren »

One step further, the 1/35 kit comes with all the details ready to build. The 1/16 kit of course needs everything added. Hatch and weld lines. Thats it for now.

And because one kind of model is boring, the mandatory delight kit :shh: . A Revell Leopard I with Meng tracks.
Attachments
WP_20171031_11_57_41_Pro.jpg
Turret mod 2.jpg
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Went ahead and nearly finished the cupola. The Aber mounts for the optics sit fantastic. Also added two layers of Vallejo puty for the cast texture, let cure for 24h and then very carefuly sand it a bit. Only have to add the hatch jpint protectur and then I can spray the cupola and the optics separate and mount everything.
Attachments
Tiger cupola.jpg
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Very nice work my friend
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Went crazy again, told myself after the JP not to buy add-ons worth the price of a 1/35 scale kit again. Thought to myself:"you put so much effort into these ranks, make it worth it", wonder if it was li´l angel or devil :think:

Anyways... Also I am gonna try Revell paints form the Academy callout. Those aren´t too sexy, but cheap and I will just put them into empty Vallejo droppers... Revamped that way 8|

The canon detail is just beautifull... But it is not hollow and quite heavy.
Attachments
Canon 8.8-L56.jpg
Goodies Tiger Panther.jpg
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Soeren these parts are absolutely stunning enjoy the build. I'm following along with great interest
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Yeah, thanks, I am looking forward to get it in. Just a quick mointing. There are a few detail parts for the muzzle brake included and shims for the mantlet. Hope to make it during the weekend.

I think this kit is also quite reasonably prized when compare to the other options.
Attachments
Kaboom 8.-56.jpg
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

That is awesome wow
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Morning, work on the turret. Testfitting of the mantlet and filling the gap. Supported by Evergreen profile, the turret front was extended with apoxie scult and the frame amended. The splashguard was then added to give a small gap. But now I have to order another set of Meng nuts, because I cant find my sheet anymore. With the remaining apoxie scults I started weld lines.
Although I used the drawing from the Tiger 1 info page and modified it to the size of the turret, the roof seems to be slightly too small in width.

Ideas were taken form Tiger1info and the "Memories-remain" build
Attachments
WP_20171105_11_54_03_Pro.jpg
WP_20171105_11_21_49_Pro.jpg
WP_20171105_10_40_06_Pro.jpg
WP_20171105_08_45_14_Pro.jpg
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

That mantlet looks fantastic
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Cheers Mr. Rainford :wave:

And that is it for today. Tried the Attack Zimmerit and worked on the turret roof detail and cupola. That is some nice looking Zimmerit.
Attachments
Turretupdate.jpg

Return to “Other Builds”