Sov's Tiger Build

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Sov's Tiger Build

Post by BarryC »

SovereignZuul wrote:Oh boy, been a long time since I popped in to say hi and check on people's builds. Sorry, never made it much farther on this project. It's unreal I started this five years ago!

Been doing lots of other projects over the years, but I feel like I'll be getting back to this one to bring it to the edge. I've a real itch to complete it.

My hobby bench has been covered in a mess, unusable for a long time. I've taken to cleaning and sorting everything and I'm almost back to an empty table. Hope I can shake the rust off asap.
You've got to finish it! You level of detail is simply phenomenal and truly inspirational! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I have a static Tamiya Tiger I and your work will be a guide post once I start it. :clap: :clap:
I might have missed it; who's scale hardware do you use?

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Sov!
Welcome back, Doc! I've been building Tigers while you were gone using your build as a guide among others. You need to finish it to show how it is done. ;o)
regards and Hello Again!
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Yes please take the time to finish this one ( when you can) it's spectacular
Tanks alot.... :wave:
nexusys
Lance Corporal

Post by nexusys »

c.rainford73 wrote:Yes please take the time to finish this one ( when you can) it's spectacularImage
This guy must be one of em aliens, hey Carl?..... ;D

details details details!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

SOV for years you and "Tanks for the Memory" were the backbone of Tiger builds on the Forum and I know I am not alone in saying I learnt most of what I now put into practice from both of your offerings, so yes you have to complete this particular tour de force, PLEASE :clap:
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Yes much like Barry the details are out of this world
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

Superb quality photos too.
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Gosh, and another tiger build to review. Stop posting ever new amazing builds ;).
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Soeren wrote:Gosh, and another tiger build to review. Stop posting ever new amazing builds ;).
I agree there are some very incredible builds going on right now in this forumImage
SovereignZuul
Corporal

Post by SovereignZuul »

Holy cow, what a response, lol. Glad to see so many cheering for me, I'm quite excited to see everyone's progress since I last looked around.

Two springs ago I fulfilled a dream and switched to building a 1:1 scale WW2 vehicle that I've been having fun with. Bet some of you in the UK will recognize what it is. Different skill set than building a model though. :haha:

Been painting some mini figures for a board game too. Really excited to gather my model bits and get the Tiger back out again. Covered in dust, gotta clean it all first, lol. You guys are certainly amazing inspiration to get it going!

Return to “Heng Long Builds”