Greetings and Feedback

c.rainford73
Major

Greetings and Feedback

Post by c.rainford73 »

I wanted to get some feedback and requests for TOTM going forward.

The best way to shape the process is to listen to the members gather opinions and ideas so we have an interesting and exciting way to get new members involved and have existing members who have submitted and contributed before to lend thier feedback and insight.

I'm for the addition of video to the competition as its a very nice idea. I personally like making videos of my tanks and many here do too. We don't need video to prove that the tank is a functioning model but some feel much more confident showcasing thier work in video format.

Some builds have not only excellent paint and subject matter but unique and special electronics or suspension that set them apart from the crowd.

Videos can showcase these aspects.

I don't think video is necessary if you've none to submit but it won't skew the voting if you don't. Some of us take incredibly nice photos indoors and outside.

If you are not confident with photo or video submit the best you can. Your hard work deserves to be seen even if you don't have confidence in the chance of winning.

With that in mind I would like to add a second place recognition for anyone who garners enough votes to come close to the winner.

Any other ideas for the format going forward are welcome
Tanks alot.... :wave:
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Greetings and Feedback

Post by tomhugill »

I'm all for adding a video to the submission. Pretty much for the reasons you mention.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I agree as long as video entries are in a separate sub section. no way a still pic can be compared to a video.
TOTM pics
TOTM viids
Simples :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

HERMAN BIX wrote:I agree as long as video entries are in a separate sub section. no way a still pic can be compared to a video.
TOTM pics
TOTM viids
Simples Image
Yes I like that nice and simple. Image
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

I'd like to get some feedback before I finalize the roll-out for the beginning of November.

Speaking with the honorable Mr Herman Bix ......
So far we have a decision to have tank of the month with the inclusion of video.

I want all scales will be allowed. So as long as its yours and it is a functioning vehicle it will be allowed. Image

Military Trucks Tanks and any armoured vehicles that are running are welcome.

I'd like to have a winner for the month and a runner up so there's a greater chance for recognition.

We will have picture submissions and seperate video submissions. I'm not sure how I want to set this up so any all ideas are welcomeImage

I want to make it fair and fun.

I've no problem spending the time to post threads for seperate video and picture submissions and sort it all out.

I think once it's up and running successfully with some time we can do an allied tank of the month and an axis tank of the month :think:

I don't want to water it down but I am trying to garner more interest in the thread each month.

If you like or dislike my ideas feel free to make some noise constructively

It's already October 19th so I'll leave the discussion open until next week and roll out the thread November 1st.

Cheers

Carl
Jake79
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Jake79 »

Hi Carl

I'd quite happily put my pics up against someone's video, when I see say a video of Tom's JS 2 and then look at the pics, I would spend more time looking at the detail and paint/weathering on the tank from the pic than I would the vid. I appreciate a good pic over a video all day long.

Would you have enough entries to have a separate video thread? Sometimes we're hard pushed to have 5 people in the pic thread! There are not many people I've seen on this forum who make vids of their tanks. I'd put them together fella and have a stronger one thread rather than a weaker two.
Tamiya: 2 King Tigers
H/L,Taigen :Initial Tiger 1, Panzer III, Kv 2, Panther G, Bulldog, Leo 2A6

Return to “Tank of the Month”