Taigen V2 Control Board.

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Taigen V2 Control Board.

Post by Estnische »

Shaun, if you go down this route, can you please take lots of photos and log your conversion? There was a lot of promise in the T90 board which ultimately left a lot of people dismayed. Maybe it is just lack of k owledge, but I can’t find anyone who did it successfully and can show others.
Maccrage
Corporal

Post by Maccrage »

I ordered two yesterday. They shipped this morning.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Estnische wrote:Shaun, if you go down this route, can you please take lots of photos and log your conversion? There was a lot of promise in the T90 board which ultimately left a lot of people dismayed. Maybe it is just lack of k owledge, but I can’t find anyone who did it successfully and can show others.

Do you mean the dual sound board? What was the issue?
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

I'm not going to invest in a board when HB can't get it to work:

viewtopic.php?p=222306#p222306

Which is one of the reasons why I proposed a sticky page for tank RC basics to describe what changes can be made to what and why hobby-grade RC is better, conversions, modifications, etc, but no-one was interested.

Me? I can plug and play, but until I can understand the fundamentals, I'm loath to just experiment.
Arnie_DK
Corporal

Post by Arnie_DK »

The new board came with the new Panzer IV that I made a review of, a couple of months ago.

Its the same board as IMEX-Taigen just released.

Just bear in mind, that the new board dont have IR compatability with the old one (I posted videos of this as well). If you check the description of Rctank.de and heng-long-panzer.de they also state this.
Although.. Imex-Erik claims the exact opposite. I asked him to prove this, but so far, he havent given any.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

A courier delivered my new Taigen Board complete with all the accessories including the Latest transmitter, speaker, and sound module as well as all the cables and an illustrated manual. :thumbup:
I had of course ordered it from Dave "FORGEBEAR" ----
www.forgebeartanks.com
I don't know if the price is a come and get me but at £78 including postage you would be suffering the signs of early dementia ordering from anywhere else,
I have ordered a lot of product from Dom at ----
www.rctank.de
but his price for this particular item including postage would take it into" CLARK" Board territory.
The legend that is "FORGEBEAR" lives on. :clap: :thumbup:
Shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I should add that the Remote Volume Control (RVC) that I bought from ---
http://www.rctankelectronics.com
slots into the allotted 6 channel socket which makes this control board with its other 5 sockets with ready supplied cables ready to except an aftermarket 6 channel receiver/Transmitter, that's what I call versatile. :thumbup:
Shaun.
Last edited by jarndice on Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

why thank you kind sir and no that is the price we sell at on our website :clap:
Arnie_DK
Corporal

Post by Arnie_DK »

Forgebear, do you know if the boards you have are IR compatible with the older Taigen boards?

IMEX-Erik told me that the boards for the US had some bugs removed, so their board is kind of a V2.1 instead of the ones sold in Europe, wich is V2.0 (and dont work with other Taigen boards).

EDIT: Just heard from Dominique, that Taigen will make a new board available for European customers around Christmas, that will have IR compatability, with the older boards.
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

hi yes dom is right they wont fight the old taigen 2.4 the version 2 will do and will be out in around 2/3 months
dave

Return to “Other electronics”