I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP! (Ibu2 Ultimate [base versio)

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
FLAMEDRON599
Recruit

I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP! (Ibu2 Ultimate [base versio)

Post by FLAMEDRON599 »

So ive installed the motherboard in the tank setup the remote to the tank.

it all works but what doesn't is the movement and engine sounds.

I cannot for the love of GOD get them to work and I cannot find anything useful on these forums or on youtube!

So if anyone has an idea of how i can fix this it would be great.

Remember the sound files have not been altered, the connections have proven to work and the ibu2u.ini file hasnt been touch all from the factory.
tomhugill
Captain

Re: I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP! (Ibu2 Ultimate [base ver

Post by tomhugill »

Have you been through the calibration process? Is the elevation and rotation working? What radio are you using and have you made sure you have a fully charged battery?
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Ian ( tankbear) helped me through the process of setting up my ibu2 recently, I was also having trouble starting the motors on mine, it didn't startup with the normal left stick down to the bottom left hand corner so I played about with a few different combinations with the sticks and it started when both sticks were held in their bottom right hand corners, I was using a planet t5 tx at the time. As Tom said above make sure you have done the stick calibrations first :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Model Builder 4 wrote:Ian ( tankbear) helped me through the process of setting up my ibu2 recently, I was also having trouble starting the motors on mine, it didn't startup with the normal left stick down to the bottom left hand corner so I played about with a few different combinations with the sticks and it started when both sticks were held in their bottom right hand corners, I was using a planet t5 tx at the time. As Tom said above make sure you have done the stick calibrations first :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
I think you need to do both what Lee said and also Tom said. You definitely need to go thru the calibration process first, and then check the ini file to see what engine start-up is mapped to (i.e. upper left or somewhere else).

MichaelC.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I run my IBUs with throttle and steering on right stick and turret on left, and all my boards use left stick upper right to start engine. Down right is lights, down left is smoke and upper left is momentum.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

The brilliant thing with the ibu2u is once you've calibrated it the stick commands should be as per manual as it maps the correct function to the channel you want, rather than having to swap reciver plugs around to get things where you want them.

If you can successfully calibrate it then that rules out most of the other possible issues like faulty reciver leads. Let us know how you get on.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

How have you done with the board? Have you solved the problem with the engine start? I've two of these boards and they are fantastic. Once you figure out the sticks direction you should be set

Cheers

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
FLAMEDRON599
Recruit

Post by FLAMEDRON599 »

I have been able to start and motors but now i cannot steer the tank and i have chatted with the creater of the board

Here is a video i made on the tank (now it is painted)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k161lap7Ico
FLAMEDRON599
Recruit

Post by FLAMEDRON599 »

c.rainford73 wrote:How have you done with the board? Have you solved the problem with the engine start? I've two of these boards and they are fantastic. Once you figure out the sticks direction you should be setImage

Cheers

Carl
I have been able to start and motors but now i cannot steer the tank and i have chatted with the creater of the board

tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

FLAMEDRON599 wrote:
c.rainford73 wrote:How have you done with the board? Have you solved the problem with the engine start? I've two of these boards and they are fantastic. Once you figure out the sticks direction you should be setImage

Cheers

Carl

Could you take a video of the gearboxes you have in it? I have the same tank with steel 3 shaft gearboxes and it won't turn with an IBU installed

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”