T90 board into Tiger 1 question

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
leopardgreece
Corporal

Re: T90 board into Tiger 1 question

Post by leopardgreece »

If it helpsImageImageImage

???????? ??? ?? SM-P605 ??? ??????????????? Tapatalk
Spookworks
Recruit

Post by Spookworks »

Hi all,
So are You ready to connect an Asiatam/ Taigen RRZ unit to the 2.4GHz 4:th Gen V.5.3? It took some time and tinkering to figure the wireing out. The cost, a new 2.4GHZ unit, blew some Fet:s!
It´s auctually really easy when You got the ansver, believe me, I´m not an electronics guy, hense the time factor and it make´s You day easier if You buy a new T90 upper hull connection plate.

Anyhow, let´s start with the easy part. The micro switch dedicated to the booming sound. Plugg it in CN3 as usual or connect it to the flashing unit and then to CN3.
The RRZ unit has two motors, one for elevation (orange), and one for recoil (green).
Now some wire cutting and soldering...
First,flip the RRZ so You are able to cut and solder, then the orange motor. + to the left and - to the right. You need an two pole wire and change the other that´s soldered. Now You have just a two pole cable that You will connect to the upper hull 2 pole connection no.1.
T90 New board
1 Red + Elevation
2 Black - Elevation
3 Blue - Turret rotation
4 Yellow + Turret rotation
5 Brown - Airsoft
6 Green + Common Airsoft, Lights, MG
7 White - Lights
8 Orange - MG

Now You are half through the wireing.
Now the green motor, first You have to change the wires as You did with the orange motor. Then You have to check the polarity on the 2 pole connectors:
Orange motor as the diagram:
1 Red + Elevation
2 Black - Elevation

The green motor:
5 Brown - Airsoft
6 Green + Common Airsoft, Lights, MG.

And almost last, the little arm switch at the recoil turning wheel. (The wheel should rotate clockwise when in use)It has two wires, a small yellow and a larger red one. The yellow, You have to solder to the green motor´s negative position and the red larger wire You have to connect to the main switch negative position.
Finnished!
Done correctly, You have gun recoil, booming and flashing but without the BB function.
The SN2 IR port is in working progress...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

To the man that can & will produce these solutions as conversion kits...................$$$$$$$$

For those that dont want to be educated, but want the damn thing to work !
Heres a tip Mr Spook, get a few of what is required hardware wise, convert it, test it, and put it up for sale.
Hell, I'll have one, I can even exchange you the hardware for 2 sets !!

I cant get over that no one has hooked into this as a winner.
Not everyone can/will figure the correct conversion sequence out, but are happy to pay for it from someone that is.

;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Spookworks
Recruit

Post by Spookworks »

I might do that when I´ve cracked all problems and made a CAD for the aluminum plate needed so I can fit the damn RRZ unit in the T90! I stife to make neet and tidy solutions!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Its not the T90 that has the bigger market for boards, plug sets & cables, its all the Tigers !!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Spookworks
Recruit

Post by Spookworks »

I only have Tamiya tanks! This is my first HL tank. But when I think of it I might have a Taigen Tiger I kit in my stash... I´ll check that... Wonder if the aluminum plate differs between HL and Taigen Tiger Tanks?
Spookworks
Recruit

Post by Spookworks »

I found what I was looking for. How much do a Heng Long Tiger I 2.4GHz 4:th Gen cost?
Spookworks
Recruit

Post by Spookworks »

Hi all again, there are som differences between HL and Taigen Aluminum mounting plates.
Okay here´s a question for all, are there anyone interested in an almost plug and play kit regarding main gun recoil, boom and flash with a RRZ unit instead of BB pellet gun? I still have two main problems to solve, Is it possible to get IR unit to interact with older Heng Long/ Taigen units and an on/off swich for the lower chassi recoil mowement with the tracks? It´s redicolous to watch! At least I will try to damper the voltage serge when that happens so it at least only tremble as The Tiger I did when upon fireing a shell.

You see, it would be nice to know the interest regarding recoil units before I Trump the "purchase button" and as a result my wife goes all ballistic and Kim Jong-Un me!

Return to “General Questions”