Where to buy 2A6

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Where to buy 2A6

Post by tomhugill »

The suspension arms tend to fail if the bolts holding them on have been over tightened. You should get plenty of life out of them if this isn't done. However the metal ones aren't overally expensive so if you can afford it doesn't hurt to add them from new.

My first port of call for an upgrade if budget is limited would be an idler adjuster upgrade. I found the stock one had limited adjustment and didnt really give satisfactory tension. The afv-modell one (slash the impact clone) is ok but doesn't add anything to the stiffness of the front of the tank. It's also a pain to adjust. I would go for the henntec one of building another leopard as it's infinitely adjustable, I think it can be done from outside the tank and it also gives some extra stiffness to the front end.
Mark66
Recruit

Post by Mark66 »

Thanks all for the input still a lot to learn, so the stock gearbox from the tamiya is acceptable.

Suspension arms thanks Tom, so basically looking at running gear upgrades, TBH I am not overly enthusiastic regarding speed with driving the tank I take a more leisurely approach, although quick and nimble for IR battles so I see the need for a robust track system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HammerWihoutASickle
Lance Corporal

Post by HammerWihoutASickle »

Mark66 wrote:The zinc gearboxes are they identified by colour are the black gearboxes any better or are they zinc just painted black, are we looking for a specific make ?
The Taigen metal gearboxes are way better than the silver, zinc gearboxes you get with a metal edition tank you can get. The black metal gearboxes are a lot better than these. Just be aware of where you run the tank.
Heng Long T-90SM
Heng Long Leopard 2A6
Heng Long Challenger 2 (credit to rctankmodified)

I ask too many questions.
HammerWihoutASickle
Lance Corporal

Ad Lav wrote:The tamiya leopard is light years ahead of a Heng Long leopard. No need to upgrade the gearboxes.

I have one and it's a superb runner.
Yes, light years ahead in price. Plastic Leo 2A6 from HL on Amazon goes for $150, while the Tamiya full metal Leo 2A6 goes for $1200.
Buy a HL and slowly upgrade to a Tamiya comparable platform. You'll learn a ton of things along the way.
Heng Long T-90SM
Heng Long Leopard 2A6

Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Pay your money, makes your choice.

Not everyone will want to spend big bucks on a tamiya, worth it though when you see them run side by side.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

HammerWihoutASickle wrote:
Ad Lav wrote:The tamiya leopard is light years ahead of a Heng Long leopard. No need to upgrade the gearboxes.

Yes, light years ahead in price. Plastic Leo 2A6 from HL on Amazon goes for $150, while the Tamiya full metal Leo 2A6 goes for $1200.
Buy a HL and slowly upgrade to a Tamiya comparable platform. You'll learn a ton of things along the way.
I've had 4. Never played more than £300
HammerWihoutASickle
Lance Corporal

tomhugill wrote:
HammerWihoutASickle wrote:

I've had 4. Never played more than £300
Either you're extremely lucky, or outright lying. There's no way you paid the price you did for Tamiya kits. The website literally has prices upwards of $500, and the newest Type 10 being $2000 without shipping.
Where'd you get them from?
Heng Long T-90SM
Heng Long Leopard 2A6

Jake79
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Jake79 »

Tom probably bought all 3 used either from ebay or from friends already built. There was one on ebay, a built one a few weeks ago for £299 I nearly bought it as the guy lived near me and I bet I could of got it for £250 with all radio gear! as he was having trouble selling it. As for kits yep a new Leo I doubt your find under £600.
Last edited by Jake79 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tamiya: 2 King Tigers
H/L,Taigen :Initial Tiger 1, Panzer III, Kv 2, Panther G, Bulldog, Leo 2A6
Mark66
Recruit

Post by Mark66 »

While scouring the internet I came across HAYA UK they are selling the 2A6 which looks like the pro or ultimate version which sell for around £250.00 for £800 to £850. :think: :eh:

I see they come with a upgraded TX (digital screen) metal tracks with rubber inserts a 550 motor + upgraded turret motor ? proportional smoker and this dual gyro system.

Am I missing a few very important points about these Leopards they have for sale, is there really £650 quids worth of extra's over and above the pro or ultimate versions.

Edit*** Just found a plastic version for £700.00 but with the above features + IR & Laser target aiming, got it, are these are personal upgraded versions by HAYA, ?
Last edited by Mark66 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
HammerWihoutASickle
Lance Corporal

Mark66 wrote:While scouring the internet I came across HAYA UK they are selling the 2A6 which looks like the pro or ultimate version which sell for around £250.00 for £800 to £850. :think: :eh:

I see they come with a upgraded TX (digital screen) metal tracks with rubber inserts a 550 motor + upgraded turret motor ? proportional smoker and this dual gyro system.

Am I missing a few very important points about these Leopards they have for sale, is there really £650 quids worth of extra's over and above the pro or ultimate versions.
I believe so. The gun stabilizer, rubber inserts, suspension arms, tracks, upgraded board, and other metal parts are pretty expensive.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Heng Long T-90SM
Heng Long Leopard 2A6

Return to “General Questions”