Heng feng jagd tiger

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Heng feng jagd tiger

Post by c.rainford73 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Well, after having a porche tiger for some time and never counting the wheel sets, but knowing they overlapped, then reading the porche jagdtiger had eight wheel sets, and the henschel had nine sets, I got excited thinking I had a longer tank, then I saw this and realised, I now have a few (all different) KT's all with the same wheel sets :(
Yes sorry to hear that Mick. That's why the maestro of Rc tank dissection Mr Herman Bix had to cut his (tank of course) and extend it to make it longer. When you see his build thread it was remarkable how nice it came outImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Let me rephrase that. The early versions of the Jagdtiger had the Porsche suspension system the later ones had the Henschel suspension. Different road wheels all together. The king tigers all had the Henschel road wheels I believe?

I thought you were referring the the Heng Feng Matorro jagdtiger that has a shorter deck than the Torro Taigen version.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Thanks Carl.
Yes, I knew they only made a few porche jagd tigers at the start.
Sorry, wasn't clear enough, I thought the porche jagd tigers were the same wheels as porche KT's, and the henschel jagd tiger was a whole wheel longer standard, but now I see from the two wheel configurations, the eight and nine wheel versions take up the same chassis length.
Hope that makes sense.

Mick.
Mick do you plan on running the stock electronics in this one or upgrading to newer ones?
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
jackalope wrote:WHOE WHOE WHOE!!! You went to bed with Herman? What the hell is going on here? :wtf: 8O
:haha: you were there too, but don't worry Jack, I fell asleep half way through. . . . Think it was when you were apologising profusely for being a let down. . . . Something about not giving full tension. . . .

:haha: :haha:

Mick.

Oh Mick you've never let me down, it's ok, I know you try your best. ;) :haha: Just no more leaving me out again! :D
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Here's the link to Herman's lengthy, but amusing and informative thread on the Jagdtiger, Mick.. :)
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20170&hilit=matorro+king+tiger
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Do you plan to make yours as correct as Herman did? LOTS of fantastic info on his build!
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

LOL! Oh I understand how that is! I've enough to keep me busy for years! If I don't sell it all off and hang up my hat.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Periscope. I think it wiggled so it's less likely to break off.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Nothing to do with the BB's that I'm aware of. Not unless the Heng Fang system is different then the Taigen Jadgtiger.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

No worries Mick. Highlights include. 6 man crew, 128mm gun, 2 piece ammo, largest gun fielded in WWII, none ever lost due to enemy tanks, 3 Jadgtigers took out a whole column of Sherman's and all their support vehicles and then drove away. Bad ass tank destroyer!

Return to “General Discussion”