HL Sherman Tank - Crimped/kinked Smoke tubing.

This board contains easy-to-do fixes on your new tanks from stock. This will hopefully help beginners to get the accuracy they want from their models.
rampage
Recruit

Re: HL Sherman Tank - Crimped/kinked Smoke tubing.

Post by rampage »

I ordered a TARR Smoker Mk I and a bottle of diesel-scented Mega-Steam.

Looking forward to getting them!
Tread Flintstone
Private

Post by Tread Flintstone »

silversurfer1947 wrote:Only 4 screws? That's a major change for HL.
As far as I can see only 4 screws for the Sherman since it is so much smaller than the other tanks. My other two tanks still have 6 screws. But on the Sherman...the battery door needs a screwdriver to open :-<

The other tanks have a nice spring loaded clip to access the battery.

Jay-Em....nice trick on the tubing, but mine was so badly crimped, it was much easier to replace with longer, softer, and more flexible tubing I just happened to have on hand. The replacement tubing was from a hand siphon I got from my hardware store when I had to siphon out fluid from my wife's car's windshield washer resorvoir. (Like an idiot, I grabbed the wrong bottle to fill it....two identical blue fluid gallon bottles sitting right next to each other on my garage shelf...one was washer fluid...the other was pressure washer cleaning fluid.) D'oh! :/
philipat
Sergeant

Post by philipat »

Tread Flintstone wrote: I usually just leave them in the tank and shut the switch off.
I don't recommend leaving the battery in the tank unless you lift it so that the tracks don't touch the shelf or other surface. There have been instances where the board in the tank malfunctioned. What happened was it seemed to wake up, turn on, and drive off by itself for no apparent reason. That would be bad if the tank ran off a shelf or into something.
Tread Flintstone
Private

Post by Tread Flintstone »

I don't see how that is possible, since when I turn on the tank switch the lights just flash...waiting for me to turn on my tx and even then I still have to hit the bind switch.

The rx would have to fail on several levels for that to happen...

appreciate the help, but I think whoever posted that event was pulling some legs.

Return to “Things to fix on your new tank”