Elmod F Pro or Clark TK60

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
Spartan tracks
Staff Sergeant

Elmod F Pro or Clark TK60

Post by Spartan tracks »

What are the Pro,s and cons of each of these boards any help would be great.

Kind regards Andy
Jagdpanther 1/6 1st SS
Torro Sturmtiger Clark TK60
Torro Jagdtiger Elmod Pro
Torro Panther G Clark TK60
Torro Panther F Clark TK60
Taigen Tiger 1 Early .....
Torro Jagdpanther TK60
Hooben Elephant Elmod Pro
Torro Tiger 1 Late ...
Torro KIng Tiger .....
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Elmod F Pro or Clark TK60

Post by tomhugill »

Clark's 2/3 the price!
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

It's personal choice but I prefer elmod.
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

I have had both.
Elmod is completely configurable
Clark is not configurable except you have these shit IR Remote...
I prefer Elmod too
or Open Panzer TCB ;-)
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

jhamm wrote:I have had both.
Elmod is completely configurable
Clark is not configurable except you have these shit IR Remote...
I prefer Elmod too
or Open Panzer TCB ;-)
Clark is configurable just not to the same degree as el mod. But then the el mods nearly half again as much.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I have TK22's, TK24's and Elmods. The TK22 is ok for a runabout tank with IR. The TK24 has vastly superior sound to the TK22.

The Elmod is in a different league in all respects. The exchange rate is at its lowest point at the moment, so if price is a factor the TK24 would be an excellent choice. The remote is not essential if you have a Sony TV remote, as you can use that, it emits the same IR codes.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Andy here's also something to consider when purchasing the board-

Who am I buying it from? Will you receive the same level of support if something goes amiss? Can you reach Ian or Stian in a pinch and know they are there to help you...

Here in the states I have Joe (Yellowshaker) on the forum for Elmod fusion boards and support. He setup and shipped mine for my specific tank. Very nice and helpful too.

Do you plan on operating different channels to run switches to operate individual tank functions such as music & extra machine guns? If this is the case your board must support all the extra functions like my IBU2U Ian just helped me with or the Clark tk60 That I'm running in my Nashorn or the one Maxmekker has setup for me for my M-36
The Open Panzer board and Elmod will also help you achieve this.

What tank am I using it in? Am I adding too much technology or can I get away with a Clark tk22? (and still get ir battle capabilities and servo recoil?)

Am I going to be battling or just running around the yard. Am I running servo recoil and elevation? Servo turret rotation?

How much do you want to program. Simple things can be achieved with the Sony remote. Maybe not the sexiest way to program but for the basics it gets the job done.

I have Elmod fusion Clark tk22,tk24 and tk60 boards and the newest IBU2U. I like them all for different reasons.

The newest IBU is very easy to program and is plug and play for Heng Long/Taigen. Very nice board and with the full option upgrade it's very hard to beat. I'd go with the FO version so no upgrade is needed.
(And for anyone who has not tried it yet you will see once you use one)

The Open Panzer board is very nice and easy to setup and program. You will need to source seperate speed control (inexpensive) and a Benedini mini sound board to run your tank. LukeZ and his forum are fantastic for help and support.

The Clark tk60 and tk24 are very easy to setup and sound excellent IMHO. The newest IBU2U is an excellent product for sure super easy to program and sounds much better than the originals. Elmod is only the top of the list for pricing but is fantastic and comes ready to go with all the bells and whistles.

Remember that every one has thier favorite

Hope I haven't overwhelmed you or made it more confusing.

Cheers

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Andy has four elmod already so it's an easy decision lol

I think he's trying to work out if the new TK60 is better.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

c.rainford73 wrote:Andy here's also something to consider when purchasing the board-

Who am I buying it from? Will you receive the same level of support if something goes amiss? Can you reach Ian or Stian in a pinch and know they are there to help you...

Here in the states I have Joe (Yellowshaker) on the forum for Elmod fusion boards and support. He setup and shipped mine for my specific tank. Very nice and helpful too.

Do you plan on operating different channels to run switches to operate individual tank functions such as music & extra machine guns? If this is the case your board must support all the extra functions like my IBU2U Ian just helped me with or the Clark tk60 That I'm running in my Nashorn or the one Maxmekker has setup for me for my M-36
The Open Panzer board and Elmod will also help you achieve this.

What tank am I using it in? Am I adding too much technology or can I get away with a Clark tk22? (and still get ir battle capabilities and servo recoil?)

Am I going to be battling or just running around the yard. Am I running servo recoil and elevation? Servo turret rotation?

How much do you want to program. Simple things can be achieved with the Sony remote. Maybe not the sexiest way to program but for the basics it gets the job done.

I have Elmod fusion Clark tk22,tk24 and tk60 boards and the newest IBU2U. I like them all for different reasons.

The newest IBU is very easy to program and is plug and play for Heng Long/Taigen. Very nice board and with the full option upgrade it's very hard to beat. I'd go with the FO version so no upgrade is needed.
(And for anyone who has not tried it yet you will see once you use one)Image

The Open Panzer board is very nice and easy to setup and program. You will need to source seperate speed control (inexpensive) and a Benedini mini sound board to run your tank. LukeZ and his forum are fantastic for help and support.

The Clark tk60 and tk24 are very easy to setup and sound excellent IMHO. The newest IBU2U is an excellent product for sure super easy to program and sounds much better than the originals. Elmod is only the top of the list for pricing but is fantastic and comes ready to go with all the bells and whistles.Image

Remember that every one has thier favoriteImage

Hope I haven't overwhelmed you or made it more confusing.

Cheers

Carl

Excellent summary!
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I see that the TCB is now being mentioned in these discussions, and the videos I have seen demonstrate that it does it all. A question for anyone who has done a full install, what was the total cost, eg board, sound, esc's, and which esc's did you install? I am assuming that the Benedini provides the sound.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “El-Mod”