Left/right reversed

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Blackadder123
Lance Corporal

Re: Left/right reversed

Post by Blackadder123 »

Right, how about putting them back in? Any tricks?

Thanks for the guide btw!
Blackadder123
Lance Corporal

Post by Blackadder123 »

Push them in as in towards the wires or into the connector?
Blackadder123
Lance Corporal

Post by Blackadder123 »

I tried to remove the wires by pushing the silver bits towards the opening, but it doesn't budge even with some force. How gentle should it be?
Blackadder123
Lance Corporal

Post by Blackadder123 »

Nope, Germany. If you're offering to assist personally I'm grateful for your helpfulness, but I don't think this relatively petty problem is worthy of the trouble, lol
Blackadder123
Lance Corporal

Post by Blackadder123 »

Got it now......... Finally. I could really use a microscope
Blackadder123
Lance Corporal

Post by Blackadder123 »

Fixed IT!!!!! Works now!!!!!! Thanks loads, mate! Just another question, is it fine if the connectors to the motors are one "partially" soldered on? My soldering skills are beyond terrible and I havent managed to get all "strands" of the wire to attach. Thinner wire would increase overheating, wouldn't it?
Blackadder123
Lance Corporal

Post by Blackadder123 »

Well it if burns through it shouldn't do anything to harm the board right? I could just solder it back on. I'd be pretty bummed if it somehow fried the circuit board........
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

If Fwd and Rev are working correctly and Left and Right are reversed then it is likely that the output to the motors is reversed. Meaning the motor connectors are connected to the wrong outputs on the board.

I had the same problem with my ElMod. Ran great in Fwd and Rev but directional control was reversed. Fix was as simple as swapping the motor connectors at the board.

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Blackadder123
Lance Corporal

Post by Blackadder123 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:I'm guessing you're talking about the soldering where the wire connects to the motor, if so, it's not dangerous.

Now another tip.

When soldering to the motor, have about 5mm of bare wire, twist it tight and bend it 90 degrees. Tin that end and tin the tab on the motor.
Put wire through the hole in the tab and solder.

I guess I could've done that but there was already a blob of tin from the previous connection. Tricky to get off, probably
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

This just dawned on me from my old r/c car days. I bet one of the motors is wound for reverse rotation. Could that be part of the problem if the motors are on the wrong gearbox?

Also, isn't swapping the wires at the plug the same as swapping them at the motor end? There again, if it's a reverse wound motor, the pos and neg would be reversed.

Bill
"Yeah, but it's a dry heat!"
Private Hudson (Bill Paxton) ALIENS

Return to “General Questions”