M1A2 Heng Long US Army based in Romania

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
c.rainford73
Major

Re: M1A2 Heng Long US Army based in Romania

Post by c.rainford73 »

Dr Phibes wrote:That's a superb looking M1 CarlImage
Must admit I am really getting quite interested in modern armour, especially since I got my T-90 a while back. Didn't think I would be that interested but I like how different (and fast) they are compared to WW2 stuff.

Interested in your servo turret and gun tracking set-ups too (thinking of doing something similar with the T-90) - if you take the top off anytime do post a pic or two of the internals, it would be much appreciated. B| :D
Sure DocImage The electronics were installed and setup by my friend Mr MichealC on the forum. I will gladly open the abrams up and show you the electronic details. The target locking system is really unique and fun to watch
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Roboticus_Prime
Corporal

Post by Roboticus_Prime »

Awesome job!

How does she run on those tracks and motors?
RP RC

Hey, I got an idea...

Tanks: HL M26 Pershing, HL M1A2 Abrams, Taigen M4 76, HL M45 Pershing, 1/18 PZ IV, VS Abrams, [coming soon]
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Roboticus_Prime wrote:Awesome job!

How does she run on those tracks and motors?
Excellent so far! Thank you for lookingImage
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

c.rainford73 wrote:
Must admit I am really getting quite interested in modern armour, especially since I got my T-90 a while back. Didn't think I would be that interested but I like how different (and fast) they are compared to WW2 stuff.

Interested in your servo turret and gun tracking set-ups too (thinking of doing something similar with the T-90) - if you take the top off anytime do post a pic or two of the internals, it would be much appreciated. B| :D
Sure DocImage The electronics were installed and setup by my friend Mr MichealC on the forum. I will gladly open the abrams up and show you the electronic details. The target locking system is really unique and fun to watch
Looks great Carl! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Does you gun stabilization/ target tracking correct both for elevation and azimuth? Michael has give me the info and I am planning on using it on my Abrams.

I would love to see it working! :D

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

BarryC wrote:
c.rainford73 wrote:

Looks great Carl! Image Image

Does you gun stabilization/ target tracking correct both for elevation and azimuth? Michael has give me the info and I am planning on using it on my Abrams.

I would love to see it working! :D

Barry
Thanks Barry at the moment it handles the turret rotation assembly only. I'm using the standard Heng Long/Taigen elevation at the moment. I'm in the middle of listing a couple of earlier builds for sale so once they are sold I can spend some time and shoot a couple of videos for youImage
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Hi Carl,

I am glad to hear it works with the turret rotation. As you've seen I am using servos for both Elevation. and Azimuth so I am hoping I can get both.
I have space set aside in the turret and lower hull for both gyro controllers.

I picked this up at RC Tanks of OKC "Universal Turret Rotation Unit with Engine Deck Level Detection Switch" http://www.rctanksofokc.com/Purchase-page.html 5th item from page bottom. It will lift the barrel over the engine deck if the depression angle is below deck level. Coupled with the Target Lock it should come close to operating like the "Real McCoy". :thumbup:

Looking forward to the videos when you get the opportunity. :D

Barry
Last edited by BarryC on Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leonardo Da Vinci
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Wow Barry for the price I may place an order and get one. That's all I would need to compliment the turret rotation locking electronics. very cool find!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Hi everyone it's me again with my M1A2. Finally had a few minutes to play around with the Abrams and show everybody the target locking feature that MichaelC installed. The video runs a bit long but that's so I could display turret rotation and tank rotation to show the functions.

It's fitted with the IBU2U from RCtankelectronics.com

Enjoy

https://youtu.be/zJGF3Tnh5ck
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Thanks for posting the vid Carl. :clap:

Operation of the azimuth looks pretty good, cool!! Could not really see the elevation action?

Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

BarryC wrote:Thanks for posting the vid Carl. :clap:

Operation of the azimuth looks pretty good, cool!! Could not really see the elevation action?

Barry
The elevation electronics are not self leveling....yet Image That is the system I plan to order from rctanksof okc that you showed me. Thanks for checking it out BarryImage

Return to “Show Off”