Re: Not bothering with elmod

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Rivetcounter
Sergeant

Post by Rivetcounter »

there is also the communication cable that links the DMD and MF unit along with Flash for the MG, Flash for main gun, turret rotation, gun elevation and recoil but by the time you have bought all this you could have bought a second hand Tamiya for around £250 which may come with radio and batteries plus other extras, remove the relevant parts then sell the static tank on evilbay for around £100-150 this means that your DMD will only cost you £100-150 or you could use the Tamiya tank and sell your Heng Long.
Yes you can use a different speaker the Tamiya speakers are just cheep things there are better
They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
grim_marmazet
Staff Sergeant

Post by grim_marmazet »

Your very correct Rivetcounter. Infact, with the tiger 1, you'll get more accurate details in general, such as the offset gun, correct turret rotation, etc.

After the masses of cash i've spent on my HL Tiger, I think im just going to scrap and go for a Tamiya.

Rik
madbadger
Private

Post by madbadger »

thanks for that 971wright, all i want is motion and sound, not bothered about the rest, still works out at £200 phew!!! better get saving LOL good job the wife dont read this forum......

regards

Kev
Rivetcounter
Sergeant

Post by Rivetcounter »

just think if Tamiya DMD's went up in smoke every other month they would have an appalling reputation I would be the first to criticise them I have to admit the turret rotation unit is crap and the gun elevation unit could be better but the rest of the tank is fine, Heng Long is getting better every year but that gun/chassis recoil is absolutely crap and this is one thing that I cant live with I'm very interested in the Stug and Jagdpanther but when you fire the gun and the tank jumps up in the air recoiling then that just puts me right off and I feel the clamp on my wallet without talking with the wife
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
grim_marmazet
Staff Sergeant

Post by grim_marmazet »

Is there a better after-market turret rotation and gun elevation unit out there?
YHR
Lance Corporal

Post by YHR »

Rivetcounter wrote: just think if Tamiya DMD's went up in smoke every other month they would have an appalling reputation I would be the first to criticise them I have to admit the turret rotation unit is crap and the gun elevation unit could be better but the rest of the tank is fine, Heng Long is getting better every year but that gun/chassis recoil is absolutely crap and this is one thing that I cant live with I'm very interested in the Stug and Jagdpanther but when you fire the gun and the tank jumps up in the air recoiling then that just puts me right off and I feel the clamp on my wallet without talking with the wife
A DBC from Darkith gets rid of the recoil, adds momemtum, and gives you a Tamiya compatible battle system all for less the $100.  This very system is what caused me to put the brakes on my El Mod excursions.  As soon as Bill has his sound system for sale I think we will have a real good combination

I do believe that if you are planning on spending a pile of Money upgrading a Heng Long right out of the gate, you probably owe yourself the favor of looking at a Tamiya.  The quality is good.  El Mod has the expandibility and diverse sounds going for it, but an out of the box Tamiay is a pretty nice tank.
NigelDerEnglander
Lance Corporal

Post by NigelDerEnglander »

Hi folks,

I did an uprated transistor and polyfuse mod to the RX13 on RCPK and hijacked Tiger205s thread a year or so ago:

http://www.rc-panzerketten-forum.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=15215&threadview=0&hilight=&hilightuser=0&page=1

I've not blown these yet. Of course the polyfuse prevents fatal overloads before one blows.

Sorry I won't be able to offer any extra on this for a few days as I'm heading to Snowdonia for a few days walking.
Rivetcounter
Sergeant

Post by Rivetcounter »

YHR, thanks for that would you tell me a little more about the BDC this may put a Heng Long back on the table have you got any links youtube footage would be nice
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
YHR
Lance Corporal

Post by YHR »

Rivetcounter wrote: YHR, thanks for that would you tell me a little more about the BDC this may put a Heng Long back on the table have you got any links youtube footage would be nice
Here is link to Darkiths home page.  IF you buy the DBC2RC, then you can use your own radio.  This system also triggers three differnet battle sounds as well as a gun flash.  With the DBC you have the ability to turn off features, when you turn on the tank, before you hit the start button.  Joystick movements can turn off the heng long jerk, stop the unrealistic superspin, as well as the ability to turn on the momentum.  All this without having to open up the tank and move dip switches or Junction bridges.

http://darkith.dyndns.org/~darkith/html/dbc.shtml

Here is a DBC Panther firing on a  DBC equipped PZIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ9NlKEQv4o
Last edited by YHR on Sun May 03, 2009 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YHR
Lance Corporal

Post by YHR »

grim_marmazet wrote: Is there a better after-market turret rotation and gun elevation unit out there?
Using about a 22 ohm resistor on the wiring to the heng long rotation motor will slow it down.  Get a high power resistor though so it will pass enough current to allow the motor to start.

Here is my Sherman with this mod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TbEzjxps5I
Last edited by YHR on Sun May 03, 2009 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”