PANTHERTURM BUNKER

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: PANTHERTURM BUNKER

Post by HERMAN BIX »

c.rainford73 wrote:Incredible work Mr Bix! Now may I place an order for about 60 meters of the barbed stuff? Image
You certainly may indeed

12 month lead time, $900 USD :haha: :lolno:

I may make myself a couple of short sections to add onto a tank, but long lengths.......HHHhhhhhhheeeeeeeeellllllll NO !!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

PainlessWolf wrote:Herman,
That's the Good Stuff! Very, very, very WELL DONE! ;o) Landscaping is realism, no other words for it. ( Now about some more of that barbed wire?? ) *chuckles*
regards,
Painless

Cheers Mr Wolf, the dirt under the grass, is, well, dirt !
I used crushed compound from a river bank that left silt after recent flash flooding, and added sufficient white glue diluted into the mix to make a paste.
Then used old cheap paint brushes to spread the brew over the base cover.
Once this layer set, we washed another white glue over that & then loose dumped the remaining dirt on top.
Let it dry & turned it over to remove excess.

Another glue wash, then the grass & food-processed leaf mix was added.

Drilled holes for wooden poles & glued them in.
Used brass nails out of picture hanging kit for the pins to take the wire & thats that.
Attachments
IMG_0252.JPG
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

It really, really IS a great project, Herman. Very high respect for both the planning of it as well as the execution, (and the puncture wounds you accumulated to make it happen). It matches the superb work you've shown us in all of your other builds. At first glance, I wasn't sure I like the added-on roof armor (armour?) you added; but as I thought about it; it's exactly what would have been needed on a stationary fortification that would have been a magnet for attention from roving aircraft. Thank you for sharing it with us. -Mike
Davarama
Lance Corporal

Post by Davarama »

Very nice, interesting subject. Can I ask what paint you used for the base dunkelgelb?

Cheers, Dava.
Tamiya Tiger 1
Tamiya King Tiger
Tamiya/Wechoe Jagdtiger
Heng Long Stug iii
Heng Long Jagdpanther
Torro Jagdtiger
Taigen Panther G
Heng Long Challenger 2
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

sassgrunt wrote:It really, really IS a great project, Herman. Very high respect for both the planning of it as well as the execution, (and the puncture wounds you accumulated to make it happen). It matches the superb work you've shown us in all of your other builds. At first glance, I wasn't sure I like the added-on roof armor (armour?) you added; but as I thought about it; it's exactly what would have been needed on a stationary fortification that would have been a magnet for attention from roving aircraft. Thank you for sharing it with us. -Mike
Actually Mr Sass, the factory supplied Turm turrets had a flat hatch in place of the cupola, and a single replacement roof armour plate of 3 times the tanks roof thickness.
There were no features on these roofs at all.
This was exactly to resist artillery fire and bombing.
Many field acquired turrets were used on top of base kit units delivered by train & truck then cobbled together into a position.
Erzatz armour was added to many of these, though not all.
These things are quite interesting once you start reading on them.
They were pretty much one time use positions though, as once the shock and surprise was over, they were bypassed & flanked, or pounded from a distance, but they almost always took a quick toll on approaching armour.
A real hit in the Italy Theatre of operations, but used anywhere with all kinds of turrets as well.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Davarama wrote:Very nice, interesting subject. Can I ask what paint you used for the base dunkelgelb?

Cheers, Dava.
Mr Dava, I used on this TS3 Tamiya Dark Yellow, out of a spray can(rattle pack)supposedly the same as the pot of XF60, but I see them as different once dry.
I did my Pig-Stug in the same base, and it also looked different to the XF60 I used on other tanks.
But, all the research says that the Dunkelgelb was different across the production range back then, so its perfectly acceptable to have shades that differ.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Astounding, I love it, to think this started out as a plastic box and packaging.
Followed by pain, lots of pain.
A true example of dedication, especially as it's for someone else.
HERMAN BIX wrote:Another glue wash, then the grass & food-processed leaf mix was added.
Please tell me more Mr Bix.

I ask because it's very realistic.

Mick.
I used dry leaves, and grass, with some weird shit called loam which was green, chucked into a food processor, and hit hard like a Pina Colada mix !!
The loam gave the colour and the dried natural material gave the rest.
The loam was obtained from a cheap shop , its used for decorating indoor plants apparently !
I was not real excited cleaning the food processor though :problem:
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Heres a pic of a factory turret . You can see the huge increase in roof thickness and lack of any other features on it.
I wanted this one to be an example of a field supplied turret, up armoured, on top of a concrete base.
The quick-drop ones were on steel boxes dropped into a hole & then filled in.
Turret dropped on top, easy-peasy
Attachments
pantherturm-1-35-panther-turret-10.jpg
pantherturm-1-35-panther-turret-10.jpg (95.18 KiB) Viewed 6168 times
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Battlefield Construction”