sherman foliage

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
doc larsson
Staff Sergeant

sherman foliage

Post by doc larsson »

so after adding applique armour and more sandbags thought i'd add some foliage.
URL=http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/Steph ... q.jpg.html]Image[/URL]
opinions please and remember this is just a try out.

Doc
Spam In A Can 26
Lance Corporal

Re: sherman foliage

Post by Spam In A Can 26 »

I like it!
I'm working on taking branches from a model RR tree & doing something similar to my M26. The sale is off, but you'll never know they'll just look like brush instead if tree limbs. :O
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

I will suggest green foliage
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I have a selection of material from aquarium plants that looks ok, but needs painting to enhance the effect.
Best option I've seen is to use twisted wire covered in paper & white glue for branches with loam or scale leaves added.
I even 'liberated' a couple of sections off a plastic plant in an IKEA display to try.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
C.Ellis
Private

Post by C.Ellis »

Is it just me or is that lichen?
Whatever it is it looks great, and I agree with Imcq11 that painting it green would make it even better. :thumbup:
Spam In A Can 26
Lance Corporal

Post by Spam In A Can 26 »

Dab it with several different shades of green, tan & brown. Make them random & splotchy. Plants are seldom an even green!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Well, Doc, to be honest it looks a little like something from the Great Barrier Reef, rather than foliage- and definitely needs shades of green; unless it represents a Sherman from the Pacific campaign... :| As you say, it's just a try out. Love the rest of the build. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Show Off”