Good Manners.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Good Manners.

Post by jarndice »

Oh for goodness sake here comes some young whippersnapper telling me how to rite propor , :wtf:
Let me tell you sonny I was misspelling and leaving out commas before you were born. :haha: :haha:
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

jarndice wrote:Am I the only member of the Forum who gets annoyed at people coming on the Forum and laying out a problem without so much as a by your leave,? .

No not really
Vanguard
Lance Corporal

Post by Vanguard »

They should teach good manners, common sense and consideration toward others in school. I'm sorry Tiggr, but I believe that all of the above isn't down to schools it should be taught by the parents. This is half the problem parents ( not all ) don't do the fundamental things that are required to install all the above virtues in thier children. My other half is a teacher and believe me the kids have no basic idea of the above ( not all ) the school day is spent just trying to get the class into order let alone teach. I was told to be polite mind my manners respect your elders and be thoughtful to others, good manners cost nothing and get you everywhere my parents told me and how right that was. I agree though the world would be a better place if everyone had the good old fashioned sense of good moral standards.
"A sherman can give you a very nice ...edge"
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

jarndice wrote:Oh for goodness sake here comes some young whippersnapper telling me how to rite propor , :wtf:
Let me tell you sonny I was misspelling and leaving out commas before you were born. :haha: :haha:
Shaun.
You tells em! LOL! :haha:
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

Vanguard wrote:They should teach good manners, common sense and consideration toward others in school. I'm sorry Tiggr, but I believe that all of the above isn't down to schools it should be taught by the parents. This is half the problem parents ( not all ) don't do the fundamental things that are required to install all the above virtues in thier children. My other half is a teacher and believe me the kids have no basic idea of the above ( not all ) the school day is spent just trying to get the class into order let alone teach. I was told to be polite mind my manners respect your elders and be thoughtful to others, good manners cost nothing and get you everywhere my parents told me and how right that was. I agree though the world would be a better place if everyone had the good old fashioned sense of good moral standards.
You are right Vanguard.
The biggest mistake we make with our kids is this :
Offering them choices when they are 2 or 3 years old.
I cringe every time I hear a mum with her toddler in the supermarket "what would you like for tea Cristianou ?"
Once the child realises they are in control you're stuffed.

Most of us including me are crap parents.
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
Vanguard
Lance Corporal

Post by Vanguard »

I'm sure you're not a crap parent Tiggr you know the standards of manners and politeness so I'm sure you or have done it without even thinking or knowing it. It comes as second nature to most just unfortunately not all.. Perhaps the forum could be altered so when we sign up we have to do the introduction before being allowed to post on the main forum. I know you shouldn't have to do this but it would get over the issue :)
"A sherman can give you a very nice ...edge"
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

So, just to summarise, when joining the forum one must wear a hat, be at least 52.5 years old, and never start dinner with the main meal? :thumbup: :haha:

Just so that you all know, there is no way to send people to this part of the forum when they sign up, though I will see if there is a way of adding the suggestion to an email that new members get.

Editttttt.....Ok, the welcome email has been changed to strongly recommend that new members introduce themselves, and to thank members when they receive advice, as well as letting them know that we are a polite forum. :wave:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

That's not true at all...I drive all over the road 'every' day!
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

[quote="Son of a gun-ner"]You forgot wears a flat cap and loves driving slowly all over the road on a Sunday. . . .

Don't forget the Driving Gloves and Pipe and the thickest of glasses,
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

10 under the speed limit, in the passing lane with the left blinker on for 12 miles....and counting!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”