RC Tank Brands?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Re: RC Tank Brands?

Post by foxtrotraptor »

43rdRecceReg wrote:I was going to say that the difference between Taigen and Heng Long is quality; but of late Heng Long have improved their inventory appreciably. The most obvious difference though, and one you'll notice immediately if you get involved in
enhancing the tank, is that most Taigen models have a quick release option that allows the upper and lower hulls to be separated in seconds. HL tanks require time and a screwdriver. As Jarndice (Shaun) has intimated, marrying a (separable) Taigen
lower hull up with a Mato or Heng Long upper makes good sense; especially for the upgrading dabbler. :D
Building your own tank from Taigen and Heng Long parts is much easier if the lower hull comes away in an instant...
Do all Taigen tanks come with that quick release? I dont remember reading that when I bought my Taigen
Ideals are peaceful, history is violent.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

No they don't. If they don't have the metal lower hull then it screws closed from my experience.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Yes I had a Stug III and a panther G and both were very nice but had plastic lowers and no quick release systems.
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

awww darn
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

foxtrotraptor wrote:awww darn
Any tank can be modified to a quick release systems. I have several with small magnets in place of the screw mounts and they are a dream to operate.Image
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:So, dancing raptor, have you got the link to the tank you've ordered?

Mick.

lol Dancing Raptor. You are the first to make that refrence. Actually Foxtrot is the ARMY company during my time in the Miliary Police Corp. I didnt find out about the whole dancing refrence until wayyyy after I started using it as a screen name lol :haha:

anyways yes here is the link

http://www.taigentanks.com/taigen/kt-porsche
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Thanks, will take a look.
I thought I'd get better acquainted first, I can be a little over forward, never been shy.

So, military police, not a real soldier then. . . . Runs and hides. . . .

Mick.
Ouch lol

We kick ass and make arrests. lol. MPs would be attached with infantry too, but who knows how it is now, I was in it wayyy back 2005. Im sure lots changed since then.
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Neat trick if you can imagine a raptor dancing, I've seen them running about, they can fly, but choose not too. . . .

They're a carrion bird that I believe only lives on the Falkland islands. Bet that caught some folk out.

Mick.

Actually for my name its related to the dinosaur Raptor. lol. Funny story during basic training. Long story short a 1st LT decided to poke fun of me due to my interest in archaeology. (I was 18) anyways the name was given and never left :haha:
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

Oh ok cool. Yeah its not for everyone but its hell of fun. Im glad I did it. I was going apply for the police department, but then got married had a kid and thought that maybe...hmmmm its best to pick a diffrent field. Especially with all the negativity towards police here in the USA alot of that is in my state of California. So im going to school to be a auto tech instead. Never know which road life will take you
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Most servicemen have little positive to say about the Military Police,
But I have had my sorry backside saved by them on at least three separate occasion's.
They are unlikely to offer much in the way of leeway when it comes to transgressing Military Law (After a two day security debrief I was reminded by an MP Sgt that I could be charged with being improperly dressed as I was not wearing a necktie which was at the time standing orders :lolno: :lolno: ) BUT they will come to the rescue when you are in trouble.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “General Questions”