New HL Tiger 1 Stuck idler and hull damage?

This board contains easy-to-do fixes on your new tanks from stock. This will hopefully help beginners to get the accuracy they want from their models.
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

New HL Tiger 1 Stuck idler and hull damage?

Post by foxtrotraptor »

Hello everyone,

I could use some help. Just bought a new HL Tiger 1 with the metal tracks upgrade. Luckly it came in one pice and almost al features work with the exception of 2 things. first off one side of the hull where it seperates the top portion from the bottom portion has come apart somehow, it appears they were held on by clips? but I am not able to put them back together. The other more major issue is that one of the rear Idler metal wheels is stuck. It wont turn with the tracks. It will only move when I apply pressue and more the tracks manually. Otherwise while in motion the tank moves but that idler remains stuck. Tank still moves but does lean to the left. I removed the wheel and lubircated the screw and put it back on. It moved for about 20 seconds then became stuck again. What do you guys suggest. Im assuing ill have to open her up and maybe see whats on the inside?

much appriciated.
Ideals are peaceful, history is violent.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: New HL Tiger 1 Stuck idler and hull damage?

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

With the tank off the ground (4x2 block of wood, books etc..), so that the tracks are free to move; test the offending track, and idler. They should rotate fairly freely, when rotated through 360 deg. If not, look for any signs that the track is fouling the body, or even if the idler (upon visual inspection) is clear of the body. Look for any other obstructions. A tracked vehicle (and a car too, for that matter) will tend to pull to one side, or the other, if any rolling resistance is encountered on one side. It's also worth noting whether the wheels/ idler/ and Sprocket are properly aligned. If they aren't, then unwanted rolling resistance will occur.
Good luck, and do tell us more about yourself. :thumbup: It might be a good idea to post pics of the offending components, so that the more eagle-eyed Forum members might spot the problem.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

Awesome thank you so much. Ill give it a shot, I will also take some pictures when I get home from work to makes things easier. How would I know if they are properly aligned?
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

Hmmmm this odd. So I put my tank up on blocks like you suggested. Ran it and the idler ran smoothly both sides absolutely no issues, no sign of abstruction. Not sure what to make of this.
Jake79
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Jake79 »

You could try swapping the idlers around see if it makes any difference, put the right on the left.
Tamiya: 2 King Tigers
H/L,Taigen :Initial Tiger 1, Panzer III, Kv 2, Panther G, Bulldog, Leo 2A6
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

Thanks jake, I'll give it another test drive in the morning. I also need to figure out a way to post pictures so you guys can see the hull issue I'm having
Jake79

Post by Jake79 »

I use Imgur, go onto the imgur site.

Press upload pic
Choose pic from you pc
Click edit pic
Resize it, I normally go for 1000
Click on the copy for forum's on side of page
Paste it here on your thread.
Done :thumbup:
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

I think this is correct?
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

hi i see the problem you have a warp plastic base if you take the track off on the underside you will see a hole to fix a screw in that will pull that hull up again i guess it has not got one in there dave
Jake79

Post by Jake79 »

foxtrotraptor wrote:

I think this is correct?
Halfway there mate, you posted link instead of pic. In the future if you go back to your saved pic in imgur click on it, on your right hand side theres a few options. Click on the forums one, copy then paste here..then the pic should come up not the link.

Return to “Things to fix on your new tank”