The new Taigen Metal Panzer IV (Pic heavy!!!)

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
leopardgreece
Corporal

Re: The new Taigen Metal Panzer IV (Pic heavy!!!)

Post by leopardgreece »

No , why ? :-)

???????? ??? ?? SM-P605 ??? ??????????????? Tapatalk
leopardgreece
Corporal

Post by leopardgreece »

rctank.de ? How much ?

silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

leopardgreece wrote:rctank.de ? How much ?

If you look on the web site, you can find all the information you need.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
leopardgreece
Corporal

Post by leopardgreece »

Thank u sir,have a nive night.

Arnie_DK
Corporal

Post by Arnie_DK »

And we have a problem...

The tank cant receive IR hits. It shoots other tanks just fine though. Have tried swapping upper huls, to see if it was just a wire problem, but sadly no...
Have contacted Dominique about it.

But meh... Was hoping to see if they had changed anything in the receiving hits department(sound and spasms)
Arnie_DK
Corporal

Post by Arnie_DK »

The suspension is EXACTLY the same!

I found that with a mod (found on these boards) and some proper lubrication, they actually work okay. And the tank sits higher and looks more right. I did the mod for my other 3 Pz-IV's (well, one is a Stug, but same lower)

The tubing is the same as with all their 360 models, but I havent found that to be a problem yet(my tiger and T-34 a about 2 years old now). My biggest problem with these tiny wires, is when I need to disconnect the plug from the board, they can easily snap!

On another note, one of the drive sprockets came loose, and I thought I wanted to check if there were room for the shaft supports I got. In short. There is not! Taigen made sure that it wouldn't be an easy fix, to make your drive shaft more sturdy... :thumbdown:
It seems, that the entire lower hull, is one complete cast, with only a few small details in plastic.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

So kind of like the Asiatam metal hull instead of the traditional Torro or Taigen metal lined detailed plastic lower. I still like it a lot
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Arnie_DK
Corporal

Post by Arnie_DK »

And as for a sound test. Here you go guys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNaMJXl ... e=youtu.be

Had hoped to do this outside in the sunlight, but my camera took a bit of time to charge(havent been using it for a while)
Arnie_DK
Corporal

Post by Arnie_DK »

c.rainford73 wrote:So kind of like the Asiatam metal hull instead of the traditional Torro or Taigen metal lined detailed plastic lower. I still like it a lotImage
Yes and no. Have the Asiatam hull as well. Will make a comparison once I get this faulty board thing setteled. Dont want to take the tank apart before I'm positive everything is working as it should ;) (That waranty thing)
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Many thanks for posting your review, Arnie. It's very helpful to get an insight into the model, and lots of pics. That way, potential buyers can escape the hype and cut to the real pros and cons. I like the look of your garden too, by the way :D
Am I right in thinking that the storage bin has been remodelled with more accurate dimensions, and details? Maybe that's just the difference between the Taigen F and G models. Anyway, apart from the eternal rear roller flaw, and the horizontal rather than canted engine deck, it's quite an impressive wee beastie. I can easily understand your addiction. :wave:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Other Builds”