The new Taigen Metal Panzer IV (Pic heavy!!!)

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Arnie_DK
Corporal

The new Taigen Metal Panzer IV (Pic heavy!!!)

Post by Arnie_DK »

Hey all, just got the new Panzer iv from Dominique at Rctank.de and for once, I didnt just rip the box open but took my time to take lots of pictures :P
Overall it seems like a great little runner. For once, the tracks have the same "adjustment" unlike the older versions, where one side was always tighter than the other with no means of adjusting it without doing mods.
The paint job is not as horrible as the pictures I have seen looked like, but the wash they finished it with, is very heavy! So heavy that the opening hatches are very hard to open and some paint flakes off when you pri them open. Also, I was scared I might brake the plastic side hatches in the process.
Along with the tank I got some goodies from Dominique, neatly packed in the same box as the tank.
I am a bit concerned though, that I wont be able to install the drive shaft supports, as it seems like the covers they usually go under, is now a molded part of the tank itself. I will find out, when I start taking it apart.
If you have any questions about this new tank, feel free to ask :)
And as a side note...I might be addicted to the Panzer IV!!!

My new Panzer IV arrived today and for once, I didnt just rip the box open but took my time to take lots of pictures :P
Overall it seems like a great little runner. For once, the tracks have the same "adjustment" unlike the older versions, where one side was always tighter than the other with no means of adjusting it without doing mods.
The paint job is not as horrible as the pictures I have seen looked like, but the wash they finished it with, is very heavy! So heavy that the opening hatches are very hard to open and some paint flakes off when you pri them open. Also, I was scared I might brake the plastic side hatches in the process.
Along with the tank I got some goodies from Dominique, neatly packed in the same box as the tank.
I am a bit concerned though, that I wont be able to install the drive shaft supports, as it seems like the covers they usually go under, is now a molded part of the tank itself. I will find out, when I start taking it apart.

My new Panzer IV arrived today and for once, I didnt just rip the box open but took my time to take lots of pictures :P

As I said... I have a small addiction :P

c.rainford73
Major

Re: The new Taigen Metal Panzer IV (Pic heavy!!!)

Post by c.rainford73 »

I really like it! Paint looks much better in person as you said. A bit of weathering and track painting and you've quite a beast on your hands Can you post a video of her starting and running with new sounds?

Have fun

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Looks very good. I love the winter tracks. A bit like the wheel hub knives that Messala had fitted to his chariot on the film of Ben hur.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Arnie_DK
Corporal

Post by Arnie_DK »

Video... Should be able to :)

My intention is to paint it. I newer really was a fan of winter camo (maybe because most snow in Denmark just turns grey and disappears in an hour, but leaves the cold behind :P )
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I couldn't help smiling when I saw the pictures,
It has detail you almost never get on any PZ4 such as a slot to fit a reflector on the rear left fender :thumbup: and the cupola aiming pointer although the cupola needs turning so that the vision slit is facing the pointer, and it is nice to see a pre-installed Aerial Deflector on the Turret yet the most obvious fault is still included, they hav'nt dropped the rear roller, :lolno:
I am wary of Hulls and drive axle covers, The "Asiatam" one that comes with the Metal hull needs a 25mm Router to open out the cover for a drive shaft support bearing to fit unless you fancy wearing out 3 or4 "Dremel" Abrasive stones, :crazy: and if as you say this one is fixed in place it makes matters worse although I suppose it is possible the bearing is pre fitted? :shifty:
Thanks for the Pictures Arnie nice detail.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Arnie_DK
Corporal

Post by Arnie_DK »

Yeah, it still have some fixes to do. The return roller will be interesting to do, as I suspect, it wont be as easy, as on the plastic hull.

As for the asiatam hull, I had no problem fitting the supports. The hull I got had predrilled holes for the screws, that matched exactly the supports with bearings in them and the cover fitted cleanly over it.

And as for video. I just tried shooting one, but my camera is horendous with video. So I'm waiting for my helmet cam to charge, so I can shoot a proper video :)
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Its great to see this new Panzer IV comes with more details and some new stuff, but its dissapointing that they refuse to fix easy and noticeable things, even when we asked for it in forums when it was being designed.

The return roller location, (should be lower) the sprochet (should be rised), the slope in the rear hull, and the horrible suspension should have been corrected.

Anyway it still looks cool, but please, paint it! I think Gary said it looked like somebody droped a can of coke over it, and I agree with him. Once propperly painted it would look way better than that.

Some questions here for you: How does the hull attach system works? It looks kinda cool and hope it can be bought for installing it in my asiatam panzer IV. Also, how are the new taigen sounds and controls?
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Arnie_DK
Corporal

Post by Arnie_DK »

The hull attaches/detaches, exatcly like their T-34. I even think you can install the new metal lower directly to the old upper hull(I saw Dominique have them in stock). But will test that to be sure.

I saw on RCU that Imex-Erik said the last return roller would be corrected, but that the first shipments wouldnt have this fix. I just couldnt wait for it to (maybe) being corrected :)

Compared to the old Taigen sounds, the new ones are amazing. Compared to IBU, TK22 or the other more expensive boards... Well I guess they are okay. (will post video as soon as my camera is charged)

And YES! I will paint it :D
Thats actually the reason why I wanted the Winter version. Easier to paint over :D
leopardgreece
Corporal

Post by leopardgreece »

Very very nice....!!!!From where u bought it ?

???????? ??? ?? SM-P605 ??? ??????????????? Tapatalk
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

leopardgreece wrote:Very very nice....!!!!From where u bought it ?

???????? ??? ?? SM-P605 ??? ??????????????? Tapatalk
Lol, mate, did you read the post?
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/

Return to “Other Builds”