PANTHERTURM BUNKER

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: PANTHERTURM BUNKER

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Got a bit of the landscape covered today.
Used a camping towel wetted down, and used a very wet cover of white PVA glue over the entire base.
Layed the towel onto the glue and arranged it.
Once it drys I will cover it in glue and sift dirt, rocks and what have you over it.

Really want to add barbed wire but not sure how to make it.
Any ideas on that greatfully appreciated .
Attachments
IMG_0205.JPG
IMG_0204.JPG
IMG_0203.JPG
IMG_0202.JPG
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

phpBB [video]

Have a look at this.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

this 'real' barbed wire i did myself for my first diorama ever... and it claimed real blood... my blood! :haha: these little spikes really do their nasty work ;D

but as i moved to do the Panzodrom's looooong meters and meters of entanglements i has to think twice, because the prior method is time consuming... and dangerous too @)

so I ended with this idea that you can see at the 1st page from my Panzodrom thread

""
the barbed wire this time will not be made from real wire, like in the Wiederstandsnest (i will post the making of this position later), it will be impossible to do all these meters and meters of wires! So I used this:

cut from an old piece of a mosquito net, we use this to prevent these little buggers to enter on our houses, installing them on the
windows and doors, I suppose you use something similar and will get my point

""
best regards
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
OdysseySlipways
Recruit

Post by OdysseySlipways »

oh, i so want to pick your brain!

the dragon's teeth, are they scaled from real ones or just something you made on the fly?

and those steel things (i'll know the name when i hear it - i think...) with the steel beams mounted together (seen in your last pic beyond the dragon's teeth) do you have plans/scale drawings of them? they would look good on the 1:6 battle field too
Aussie
Corporal

Post by Aussie »

Great work Herman , looking good.
O.S. , pretty sure there called hedge hogs,
Don't get your panties in a bunch , we still got hand weapons and the fifty!
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

OdysseySlipways wrote:oh, i so want to pick your brain!

the dragon's teeth, are they scaled from real ones or just something you made on the fly?

and those steel things (i'll know the name when i hear it - i think...) with the steel beams mounted together (seen in your last pic beyond the dragon's teeth) do you have plans/scale drawings of them? they would look good on the 1:6 battle field too
I don't want to hijack Herman thread!! please take a look on the Panzodrom thread:

viewtopic.php?f=188&t=17333

in the first page you will see the drawings and disassembled components of the Czech hedgehogs.

the dragon teeth are made in 1/16 scale too. The real ones could vary a bit in size and shape, usually from 90 to 120cm in height.

@Herman, how is going this project mate?

best regads
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Doesn't worry me Mr Jussek, as long as the info gets out there, I dont care :thumbup: :thumbup:

Project is now back on, have grassed the landscape and added the barbed wire posts.
Bunged a quick cam job on the turret, based on descriptions from the net.
Will add a camo net of some sorts, and dust it all in.
Thanks to Mr Jussek I have taken up the challenge to make the barbed wire, realised I need to be on crack to cope, and with that revelation, spiked my thumb big time!!
Have oldest daughter making barbs as well :/
Attachments
IMG_0321.JPG
IMG_0322.JPG
IMG_0315.JPG
IMG_0313.JPG
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Herman has this hobby now entered the bloodletting stage.....
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

LOL!! :haha: :haha:

welcome to the perforated fingers club!
Jussek

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

God help me, have made a section of wire that contains 75 barbs.
Fitted to the posts it seems this is only 1/5th of what I need :O
Assuming I go and really get jiggy with an entanglement, I could need 600 odd barbs on over 4 meters of wire!
I painted the section I fitted & im happy with it, but it's like riding uphill on a bike...........
If you look up, you'll give up :problem:
Attachments
IMG_0326.JPG
IMG_0327.JPG
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Battlefield Construction”