WH16 Tank Control System

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: WH16 Tank Control System

Post by wibblywobbly »

Good spot Tom. I can't imagine that he would have restricted the IR to an obsolete HL format, so it's a fair guess that it is Tamiya standard. Even if it wasn't, if I can get the Arduino Uno conversion board to work from an IR pulse, it would be a one wire hook up. My work on that has ground to a halt, the Uno board that I have is now in a box and hooked up to an Artillery gun, and I don't want to disturb it. Two more cheap Uno boards are on a slow boat from China, and a Mega 2560 that I bought to test decided to corrupt its own USB port firmware and won't talk to the pc...trying to get a replacement/refund on that one. Talk about frustrating...

The WH16 also looks like it might be using the new style bus receivers, which is why he is using an FSi6 tx. This is the same path that the TCB has taken, makes me wonder whether the rest of the industry will follow suit?
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

the board seems to be working out a few flaws, and Carson Dklm will stock once issues are worked out
Drammen Rock City
Loongsheep
Recruit

Post by Loongsheep »

I have bought one through DKLM and am testing on it right now. Using 7CH for the moment.
While it has decent speed control, servo support and sound, they are not quite reliable enough to be sold to the West (where customers expect more RTR stuff).

And the Clark boards with S.Bus greatly improved speed control. Before that WH drove better.

Return to “Hobby News”