WH16 Tank Control System

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
wibblywobbly
Major

WH16 Tank Control System

Post by wibblywobbly »

I came across these whilst searching around on the web. Loads of videos on You Tube, the system seems to be in 1/35 and 1/16 versions. I can't figure out the prices, or an English translation of what the boards do, but if anyone knows anything about them then please enlighten us?

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

They seem to have sound sets for every tank under the sun, but no idea if they support IR etc.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: WH16 Tank Control System

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Interesting, particularly the Puma, thought it's to late for me. The gun operation is non-standard, having recoil and gun flash.

I found a Facebook page. It was all in Chinese and Google translate gives weird English. The page title translates as "P large remote control like a real world model" More detail "P Large (Qiuwen Shi founded in Taiwan like a real remote control club) is like a real soft spot for remote control cars, the RC, static model, Zaoxingyishu bound to a style of their own, like a real car. This page is only established record in recent years as real work."

Whoever it is, is based in Taipei. The page has large numbers of what look like top quality tank, AFVs, trucks and figures.

Not sure that helps much though.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

The title of the first video translates as Heng Long Leopard 2A6 plus WH-16 smoke test
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

I was in contact with them ( before hooking up with Clark) but was politely turned down, as Carson Dklm was to have them. Now I dont see any 'news' about them ore if they are easy to obtain , price, specs etc, but that will probably turn up eventually

I kinda like this clip, nice soundset , nice mixed of the Trier Panther and several other .

phpBB [video]
Drammen Rock City
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Looks interesting for sure. That's the first track recoil I've seen that looks halfway decent, too.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

The only place that I saw them for sale was a Chinese site, but the price was showing as $3500, which couldn't be right. Yuan maybe, but not $.

http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21612242094160

https://translate.google.co.uk/translat ... t=&act=url

Just checked and its Yuan which is around £390 in UK money??
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
LARS-CZ
Recruit

Post by LARS-CZ »

wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

£70, that makes a bit more sense. For that price these boards are putting out some impressive sounds. The videos on You Tube are excellent, there are plenty of them. Can anyone get a translation on the IR functionality anywhere?

I wouldn't mind one for my T90, but it needs IR.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTg3Mzc0M ... rom=y1.7-2

Google translate is not terribly good at this sort of thing..... :wtf:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Hey Rob in the top link you shared:

http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21612242094160

Theres a wiring diagram which shows an apple and IR emitter so I think it does support IR although it looks like 3pin like the HL IR mushroom and theres seems to be extra wiring required! It quite hard to see!
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Im also going to go out on a limb and say it supports servo elevation and rotation, henglong recoil and smoke (from what the diagram shows) also seems to show dual speaker support

Return to “Hobby News”