1/32nd Perkasa...

If you have any non-RC warships that you would like to show, post them here!
brizo58
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

1/32nd Perkasa...

Post by brizo58 »

Hi All,
Well almost finished just the handrails to fit. One hell of a build @) .its a Hooben kit!!!!!!!. The only bits I changed were both the deck guns, got them from Battlecarft. Should have it in the water by next week weekend!!. Brian...
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: 1/32nd Perkasa...

Post by wibblywobbly »

i have had this kit in mind for many years, but never got as far as pressing the buy button. I had a wooden one years ago that I got off Ebay and rebuilt, adding detail etc, but sold it without ever putting it in the water (seems to be a habit of mine with boats). The Hooben kit is the best out there, you have done an excellent job!

Was it an easy build?
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
brizo58
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: 1/32nd Perkasa...

Post by brizo58 »

Hi,
Easy build!!! Well yes but very frustrating at times :/ . As with most of the early Hooben kits the moulding is a bit off!!!. Memories of my T55 build. I had one of the very 1st kits of the T55. The Perkasa IS better but there are some bit that need to be changed! The guns for one.They are terrible.But the battlecarft site do ALL the replacement parts for the kit if you wish to change any of them!!.The electric parts go in well you get two 540 motors plus prop shafts and plastic props I changed mine and fitted Raboesch parts there much better. The props are Brass and the shafts are 4mm so much better than the kit parts. You can get the Raboesch parts from 'DEANS MARINE'. I've only bath tested the boat so far to check for leaks and to make sure the props are turning in the right direction. I think if you decided to get one your be pleased with it I think... My next build is the POCHER 1/8th Lamborghini Aventador that the wife got me for Easter!!! Better than an Egg!!!. Brian...

Return to “Warships”